PDA

View Full Version : Speed sensor seized

matt_rallye
06-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Evening all

I'm in the process of changing the rear wheel bearing/hub assy and I've hit a snag as my abs sensor appears to have rusted in place. Anyone got any tips for how to get it out? There doesn't seem to be much space around it to get tools?

Also the driveshaft seems to have seized in the hub (I love this car), I'm guessing that's just a case of hammers, blowtorches and trying not to ruin the thread? /bat

Any advice appreciated!

swinks
06-03-2012, 10:32 PM
If it's seized for good it's better to remove whole hub carrier with driveshaft and use hydraulic press (local garage).

matt_rallye
06-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Ahh I had a feeling that might be the case. What about the speed sensor? Have you had any experiences with them being seized?

And thanks for the quick reply

swinks
06-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Once you remove driveshaft and then hub from hub carrier, then you'll get access from both sides. Much easier for play with abs sensor. :)

matt_rallye
06-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Oh ok, so it is possible to remove the driveshaft with the abs sensor in place then? Wasn't sure if that would screw up the abs ring thingy or not. Sorry if I sound like a noob!

swinks
06-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Yes, it's doable. Abs sensor sits in hub carrier.
Anyway I removed either front or rear driveshafts from hubs without touching abs sensors.

matt_rallye
06-03-2012, 11:11 PM
OK thanks, I'll have a go at that tomorrow then