PDA

View Full Version : AYC reservoir location

SEAN-NZ
08-03-2012, 09:14 AM
As the title says im wandering about the ayc reservoir, i cant find mine, i think i found my mates, on the right, were you would go to change the tail light bulbs, but nothing in mine, was wandering if anyone could explain this to me
This is of were i thought the reservoir should be, was also wandering what the black hose is for, same hose on other side, as seen in the second picture
Left side, not were you would change bulbs, the cuby space a little further back.

Adam.Findlay
08-03-2012, 09:31 AM
in your top picture i can see the two mounting tabs for the ayc resovior. in my car when i bought it some monkey had undone the bolts so the resovior was just floating around in that space. jam your hand down there and look around for it. or possibly your car is a type V. (ie no ayc? just a thought. correct me if I am wrong)

or possibly the previous owner blew up the ayc and replaced it with a ST-R diff and removed the ayc system, like myself and others here on the club

elnevio
08-03-2012, 09:46 AM
I *think* the black hoses on each side are for drain channels. Not quite sure from where, but maybe there in case moonroof drain channels get blocked, or something to do with the roof rail seals.

SEAN-NZ
08-03-2012, 10:37 AM
found it, didnt drop down, been moved forward, and is on its side, cant get it to come back at all, and got some fluid on my hand during efforts, will have to try when its light outside, ayc still lights up, and no other problems with it, no red ayc light after ignition been on for a couple seconds.

With the pipes, the lead down to the bottom of the car, so drainage could make sense, they are very soft and easy to give a little squeeze, thanks for the fast replys

SEAN-NZ
09-03-2012, 04:07 AM
its back were it should be, but couldnt find screws to fit yet, the reservoir was on its side, guessing its been like that entire time ive had car, and some time before, how bad would that be for the pump? also checked level, about 1/3 of the way to the full line, have a feeling it was leaking a bit, as there was a fluid line from the fill cap were it looks like it was running down the bottle a little.

Subaru ETA
09-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Those hoses are for the sunroof drain

SEAN-NZ
09-03-2012, 06:21 AM
thanks, that explains why my mums legnum doesnt have them, but mine and my mates does