PDA

View Full Version : EOI Custom 10lb one Piece Flywheel & Exedy Cushoned Button Clutch

Adam.Findlay
08-03-2012, 09:19 AM
As the title says Im gauging intrest in the sale of my custom single piece flywheel (billet steel) along with a MKB7223HDCB exedy cushoned button clutch kit pictured below

reason being is I have just today taken my engine and gearbox out of the trusty legnum and the clutch plate is severly worn
turns out a single plate button clutch isnt up to the abuse my left foot deals to the driveline. So instead of simply rebuttoning the existing clutch plate and using it again for another 1.5 years I am thinking if someone else out there wants a uprated clutch and lightened flywheel I can sell what i have on and put the money towards a twin/tripple plate.

the flywheel is custom made by a friend of a friend who is an engineer at Air New Zealand it is a direct fit to the standard crank and will work with standard 6a13tt clutches. (will fit an evo clutch kit but will have the same problem as using a evo clutch on a stock flywheel ie the pressure plate may clip the inside of the bell housing) Weight was specified @ 10lb ~5.5kg never accually measured this but it definatly lighter then stock. upon installation I noticed slightly better accleration

for who ever is intrested I will rebutton the existing clutch plate so it will be as new, I wil get the flywheel machined, and the pressure plate is only 1.5 years old and is like new.

Hopefully my next clutch will withstand KSmods launch controller a bit better

SEAN-NZ
08-03-2012, 09:23 AM
whats the difference between standard flywheel and this one? acceot for weight

Adam.Findlay
08-03-2012, 09:27 AM
standard flywheel has a flexi plate on the back of it and the actuall steel "flywheel" is just a ring bolted to this plate. so when installing a heavy duty pressure plate (our clutches being pull type) the extra force from the pressure plate pulling on the flywheel can deform that plate pulling the flywheel out of balance (no car that i know of has accually failed from this but I got this flywheel made as a better safe then sorry measure)
so this 1 piece flywheel is stronger and more stable to higher rpm then a standard one