PDA

View Full Version : Tiptronic got stuck in 3rd and nuetral light flashing

apexikid
09-03-2012, 06:50 AM
hi freinds!

As i have stated. went over a bump today and my vr4 got stuck in 3rd and nuetral light was flashing!! turned car off then started her up and then it went back to normal! how bizzare!!!

any ideas ? if its a major i think i will just go ahead and do the conversion to manual.

also! has anyone got a manual loom for sale? please pm me if you do, thanks

Dal

SGHOM
09-03-2012, 07:58 AM
common problem...... you cooked your gearbox oil.
drain it, flush it, change it...........sorted :)

apexikid
09-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi there, thanks for that. just like that!! will change it tomorrow see how she goes and check all wiring connections too.
going ahead with manual conversion as soon as i find a loom. thanks again SGHOM!

eyeballprawn
09-03-2012, 08:17 AM
When was the last full ATF flush and what fluid was used?

elnevio
09-03-2012, 08:21 AM
You must use a Mitsubishi SP-III compliant ATF, like Mitsi's own SP-III. Even better is Amsoil's ATF.

You also need to flush the gearbox through (which needs about 12L or so) rather than just dropping and refilling the sump (about 5L) and there is still plenty left in the internals of the gearbox. The actual capacity of the gearbox is about 9L, but the extra few litres are required to ensure the fluid flushing through is clean.

apexikid
09-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Hi guys.

un sure when the trans last had a flush, its been on the cards for me to do as i have only done 200 to 300 kms since owning it. (hardly drive it) and roger that on the mitsubishi spIII, cheers for all the info guys!

Nick Mann
09-03-2012, 09:54 AM
3rd gear flashing is the box entering "limp home mode" I'm not sure I know all the causes, but the most common is as stated above. It could also be that one of your shaft speed sensors has a bad connection, which would also make sense if the error appeared over a speed hump.

If you do a diagnostic code check on it, then the code should help work out why the gearbox entered limp mode.

`TiTo
02-06-2012, 10:28 PM
im having almost the same problem, just cant switch to the 3rd 4th 5 neither on AUTO mode or tiptronic mode, its showing code 043 and 044 to me saying 3rd and 4th gear sync failure

`TiTo
02-06-2012, 10:35 PM
how do i make conversion to 5speed manual, does it has some other mitsubishi gear box to pnp on 6A13TT? cuz my region is very limited with parts

wintertidenz
03-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Check the fluid first and see what condition it's in.