PDA

View Full Version : Weird heat issue ....

Physician
10-12-2004, 08:00 PM
When at Donington ........ after a session on track I opened my bonnet to allow cool air to circulate better around the engine bay.

To my surprise the boonet arm was so hot that it burnt my hand. It could only be held in a closed palm for maybe 2 seconds before one had to let go.

It is held in the usual clips when bonnet is closed and there are no mods whatsoever. I felt around the area in general and there didn't seem to be any source for creating heat transfer via metalwork etc. The only hot item there is the radiator but that is separated from the arm and seems unlikely to be the source.

Firstly, I'm interested if anyone knows what could create such heat in the arm (over it's full length) but it also suggests that if there is SO much heat in that area then the standard air intake is pulling in very hot air rather than cool as an optimum as it is pulling air almost directly off that arm in it's resting position :sad3:

Lurch
10-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Mine does the same after a couple of hours driving. :/ Have been looking at better ways to get cold air through to my Pod filter.