PDA

View Full Version : Need a nearside fog light 'bezel'...

CplJellyfish
11-12-2004, 11:05 PM
Hi all,

Wonder if you could help out with a little problem I've made for myself...

I was removing the front bumper from my V6-24 (yr 2000) today, so I could replace a broken headlamp washer nozzle, that some kind fool reversed into last week.

Job now done, but I hit a couple of snags:

The nearside fog lamp, which is the Parabola type, is now missing the corner bezel, this is a silvered, non-illuminated bit of plastic, approx 4" long by 2" wide @ the widest part, tapering down to 1". Anyway, it's snapped off by the treatment, :Cry1:. If my image works, it's the bit numbered 3.

Anyone got any idea where I might get another one? Since a new washer nozzle was £40 from Mitsubishi, I'm not too keen on asking them just now...

In the meantime, I've superglued the old bit back on, but I think one stone, and it's gone.

I also managed to snap one of the little bolts used to hold the splash shield (under the offside front wheel arch). Honest, this wasn't my fault, it just sheared off as I was undoing it. I've removed the snapped end from the captured nut, and would like to replace the bolt - again, anyone know a place I can get such things?

Thanks for any advice you can offer...

Nick Mann
11-12-2004, 11:14 PM
A Private Message to our resident Galant breaker, Zedy1?

Good luck in your search!

I-S
11-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Ask Zedy for sure.

I lost exactly that part. A new one is £17 from mitsubishi.

Big Ian
11-12-2004, 11:33 PM
(i also need a H/light washer,for the same reason!)

they break very easily!!,i glue'd both mine on then later i added light's,and glue'd them on again either Zedy or a breaker's...............or Mitsy :lipsrseal

Jimbo
12-12-2004, 12:33 AM
I lost that same part on my old V6-24 too.....hit a cat at that ran out at me on a duel carriageway while I was doing 70mph :sad3:

My local numpty Mitsubishi garage told me I had to buy an entire fog lamp assembly as that part wasn't sold seperately. They wanted.....wait for it....£120.

I think a breaker is your best bet, or maybe Isaac's more helpful Mitsi garage.

I-S
12-12-2004, 05:10 PM
That's CD Bramall in Oldham.

They've been really good actually... Also told me (in complete contradiction to what the Cheltenham mitsubishi dealer told me and other members of my family on several occasions) that you can buy the little Cobra alarm "torpedo" plastic casings on their own for £3. Cheltenham told me that I needed to buy new torpedoes at £30 each, and that they needed a card (which I've never had) with a number on it for the alarm system, and without that I'd need to have the alarm removed and reprogrammed by cobra.

CplJellyfish
12-12-2004, 06:41 PM
That's CD Bramall in Oldham.

They've been really good actually... Also told me (in complete contradiction to what the Cheltenham mitsubishi dealer told me and other members of my family on several occasions) that you can buy the little Cobra alarm "torpedo" plastic casings on their own for £3. Cheltenham told me that I needed to buy new torpedoes at £30 each, and that they needed a card (which I've never had) with a number on it for the alarm system, and without that I'd need to have the alarm removed and reprogrammed by cobra.
Thanks for all for the fast responses, I'll try the breakers/Zedy first, and then see if the dealer can sort me out. £17 is a lot more reasonable than I expected! Any tips on fitting it - looks like you have to drop the bumper off to get the fog lamp out?

CplJellyfish
13-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Tincknells in Bridgwater can do me a bezel for £13.10 + VAT = £15.40, and the screw as well! Pick up tomorrow! Sorted!

Thanks for the advice - I really didn't think the part would be so reasonable....

I-S
13-12-2004, 05:32 PM
The bezel just push-fits into the mounting. You don't need to remove anything or use any tools.

Big Ian
14-12-2004, 01:54 AM
Tincknells in Bridgwater can do me a bezel for £13.10 + VAT = £15.40, and the screw as well! Pick up tomorrow! Sorted!

Thanks for the advice - I really didn't think the part would be so reasonable....

what's the screw for?...ive had mine off a few time's and ive never came across any screw?

CplJellyfish
14-12-2004, 03:35 PM
See the first post - one of the screws securing the offside splash screen sheared off as I was undoing it... Nothing to do with the fog lamp!

Bits now received - I have to say that the Parts guy at Tincknell's is outstanding, didn't try to oversell me a whole lamp or set of fasteners, just the bits I needed. And fast too...