PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a scare at first?

nick-f1
12-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Coming home alone last evening from doing a bit of xmas shopping about 6.30pm I came up behind an old peugeot 309 GTI with 4 lads in it at a red light........ the driver decided to speed away so I ( as you would imagine) effortlessly sat behind him, now he did not like this so decided to stamp on his brakes :rolleyes5 so I put my headlights up on full for a couple of seconds and still sat behind him. After he repeated this manouvre a couple of times with his passengers glaring out the rear window I had had enough, so blasted past him and left him for dead :-D ............. until I got stuck at another set of lights. The 309 tore up behind... stops about 6 inches off my bumper and all 4 lads got out.............
" Sh****t here we go" I thought, grabbed my stoplock and got out and prepared to flatten the nearest one first ......when the driver realised what it seemed like and said
" hang on mate we only want to look at your car.... what is it?"

So with the tension deflated we had a good old chat about vr4's and jap cars in general and when I left Mitsubishi had 4 newly impressed potential fans :-D

Nice lads really they were........but it was a bit scary at first :rolleyes5
. :-b

DaveLee71
12-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Worst nightmare really!!
Glad they were OK with you, you never know who's out there.
I'm happy I live in a nice quiet area where everyone knows each other.
Think at the moment I would have to hop out and threaten to batter them with the cast on my leg and finish them off with my cruches!!
Even if you had battered them you would have plenty of room to stash thebodies inthe VR4 until you found the nearest suitable place to dump them!!
Glad you're OK.

Dave

Spirit
12-12-2004, 06:55 PM
It is a bit of a worry in today's society that you never know how people are gonna react - glad you are ok Nick.

Must admit I did mention to Shaz again the other day to make sure she always locks the car when she is in it - this was following another attempted car hijack on a UJCC member. Be careful out there people !

nick-f1
12-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Thanks for your comments....... to be honest if there had been somwhere to go I would have, but with a car in front and roadworks to the side I was boxed in. So I thought the best bet was to be aggressive , but all as well thankfully........ but does serve to remind how vulnerable we are at traffic lights etc even though Bournemouth is a safe area there has been the odd incident :sad3: :rolleyes5

Cheers

Nick

PS: BTW Dave - the bodies would have ruined the carpet :laugh:

wirdy
13-12-2004, 12:11 AM
Thanks for your comments....... to be honest if there had been somwhere to go I would have, but with a car in front and roadworks to the side I was boxed in. So I thought the best bet was to be aggressive , but all as well thankfully........ but does serve to remind how vulnerable we are at traffic lights etc even though Bournemouth is a safe area there has been the odd incident :sad3: :rolleyes5

Phew! could have been different though Nick.

For many years now I've left a cars length in front of me at traffic lights. It's one of those things that was drilled into me in Germany, during the 80's when a certain Irish organisation took a liking to shooting military people when stuck at traffic lights, especially in towns and on the way to the cross-channel ferry ports. :(

A hard habit to break. :p

nick-f1
13-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Phew! could have been different though Nick.

For many years now I've left a cars length in front of me at traffic lights.

A hard habit to break. :p

A good tip Nige, one that I shall be following now.