PDA

View Full Version : My second VR4.

Nick Mann
12-12-2004, 06:46 PM
I'm back as a member of the 'forced induction' club! :-D

And not a moment too soon!! What do you think? De-badged gives it a clean look, I think, and adds to the stealth factor! :-b The wheels are only 16's, but I quite like them. A couple of minor mods, but nothing on the power yet. (Not that I have found, anyway!)

The fun of playing with unsuspecting motorists means the first tank hasn't had a large range!! :p

adam_shaw
12-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Cool, looks good.

And, I guess welcome back! :laugh: (Says one of the newest 'converts')

A

Spirit
12-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Welcome back to the dark side Nick - just one Q about your pics, is there something wrong with the plastic bumper along the bottom of the grill (just above the tow hitch cover) ? It seems all out of shape ?

Here's a pic of Derek's and yours to show what I mean.

adam_shaw
12-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Looks like mesh rather than the plastic grille thing.

Probably just needs the fixings moving a little to put it back into the right shape.

A

HJM
12-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Great to see another silver debadged Legnum - you haven't even got a grille badge on yours :-b

Are those Mille Miglia wheels ?

Car looks cool - but IMO would look better lowered and would help handling on track days !!!

Trust you are having fun again - would be good to see it on the circuit (some time now since your first track experience at Trax and that was in a Sport - time to lose your VR4 cherry !!!! :-D )

Heath

HJM
12-12-2004, 07:11 PM
just one Q about your pics, is there something wrong with the plastic bumper along the bottom of the grill (just above the tow hitch cover) ? It seems all out of shape ?

Here's a pic of Derek's and yours to show what I mean.

Blimey Pete - are you trying Kieran's coat on or something !!!!!!! :rolleyes5

Spirit
12-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Blimey Pete - are you trying Kieran's coat on or something !!!!!!! :rolleyes5

Not at all mate, it just caught my eye and wondered if Nick had spotted it. Also showed the pics to Shaz with no prompting and she spotted it too. Sorry Nick, not dissing your new toy mate......it's a fine looking example :-b

Nick Mann
12-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Heh! You are spot on, Pete. Didn't realise it stood out so well on the photos I took! I think it has already been lowered a bit - it is certainly not high enough to straddle the small square speed bumps, as the previous owners discovered the hard way. There are a couple of brackets bent out of shape holding the bottom of the bumper, so that in turn is slightly out of shape. The more pressing issue is a bent strut underneath the car. I had a good look before I bought it and I think most of the damage is easily reversed. I may be phoning BDA fabrications Ltd if I run into more trouble than I expected!!

And Heath - I can't wait to pop the VR4 trackday cherry!! :p

BTW, the wheels are TSW.

DaveLee71
12-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Nice looking car!!
Get mine on tuesday andthat had also been debadged but tempted to put them back on.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/pd385e95db940301e764bb006c8f2b5fa/f60832e1.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/p640d92022b882f8d58fae4c5c59b667c/f608330f.jpg
I had the choice between the dark purple and a silver one but having driven the purple and loved it when I test drove the silver it didn't feel quite right, it had a few faults, I was informed these would be put right but the purple one was perfect and cheaper!!
Here's to looking forward to tuesday!!

Dave

Physician
12-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Great car Nick. Nice colour too.

Pity it isn't the classy saloon but hey, you can carry more beer :lipsrseal :-D

Nick Mann
12-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Pity it isn't the classy saloon but hey, you can carry more beer :lipsrseal :-D

Someone once told me that you are a lightweight!! :p

nick-f1
12-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Nice car Nick glad to see you back in a vr4 and a silver one too! :-b

Enjoy

Know what you mean about the first tank tho....... and the second.... third....................................

Big Ian
13-12-2004, 12:34 AM
:Cry1: .....TIZ NOT FAIR!!!!!!!...tiz-not!

if this keep's up i'll have to visit the bank manager sooner than i was going too? (unless someone want's a straight swap for "thee most minty of mint" GLS model's on UK road's)........ :sad3: did'nt think so.....

enjoy your new toy Nick :thumbsup: look's good.

KiwiTT
13-12-2004, 06:38 AM
Welcome Back ... To living your dream again.

It would appear you are going from a post-facelift V6 to a pre-facelift model VR-4

enigma
13-12-2004, 09:52 AM
That van in the background looks cool, any more photos of it?

pezza
13-12-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm back as a member of the 'forced induction' club!

The fun of playing with unsuspecting motorists means the first tank hasn't had a large range!!

NICE ONE Nick... How much have you spent on fuel? Dija make it home on the one tank? :-D The car loox perfect in debadged form. Nice interior BTW too.. How's the japanese coming along? ;)

I knew you couldn't hold out for a year!

Dave, is that your handiwork in the background there? :-b

Big Ian
13-12-2004, 12:45 PM

:laugh: you got a fancy for french van's Dave?? (not the worst van to drive except the angle the bloody foot pedal's sit!)

freeman
13-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Nice car!!

BraindG
14-12-2004, 12:13 PM
congrats on the new vr4!
bet your glad to be back in one again :D

Have fun!

RED
15-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Good looking car Nick :-D Does your face ache yet from all the grinning :D
I could have done with your car yesterday. Put me, Em, Grandma, a pushchair, a coal scuttle and bags and bags of Xmas shopping into a saloon and it's abit crowded. I told Marcus that when Em's brother comes along we'll have to have a bigger VR4 and a roof rack :rolleyes5 :-D

interlec on tour
15-12-2004, 08:36 PM
welcome back to the fold Nick !! :-b :-b
so... no mods yet ?? fancy a race ?? :p :lipsrseal :lipsrseal

Nice car BTW !!

Nick Mann
15-12-2004, 09:10 PM
so... no mods yet ?? fancy a race ??

No power ones! Waiting for you to sell them to me second hand and dirt cheap! :p

interlec on tour
15-12-2004, 09:12 PM
No power ones! Waiting for you to sell them to me second hand and dirt cheap! :p
I did that once, & look how much it cost me !! :rolleyes5 :-b :-b

Kieran
16-12-2004, 11:44 AM
I did that once, & look how much it cost me !! :rolleyes5 :-b :-b

The worlds most used Fujitsubo! But now I want another!!! :-D :beerbang: :beerbang: :evil1:

Paul Beazer
31-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Welcome Back ... To living your dream again.

It would appear you are going from a post-facelift V6 to a pre-facelift model VR-4

And the post facelift v6 is now....... MINE!!!! :-D

Kieran
31-12-2004, 03:49 PM
And the post facelift v6 is now....... MINE!!!! :-D

Do I take it that you rather like the V6 then Paul?! :-D :-D