PDA

View Full Version : Hi Vis dash problem

Cookie
24-03-2012, 02:33 AM
Hi All, I have a 98 Legnum VR4 with the Hi Vis Dash. The problem I have is the orange needles on the fuel and Temp gauges only light up intermittently.
The speedo and tacho needles are fine. When they work it is only for about 2-3 minutes then they flicker like a flouro light and go out. They might come on
again and then they might not. There is no pattern to it nor does a bump in the road seem to affect them.
Is there any known issue with loose wiring or does anyone have a solution to the problem.
Thanks.

elnevio
24-03-2012, 09:01 AM
My first check would be to check ALL the fuses. Sometimes, seemingly unrelated fuses that have blown can have knock-on effects on other systems. My other first check would be to check the voltage you are getting across the battery terminals, both when turned off and then with the engine running. A failing battery could be a potential issue, or if the alternator is on its way out.

wintertidenz
24-03-2012, 09:09 AM
I'd also check that the electrical fittings behind the dash itself aren't damaged and are properly seated.

Erni902
24-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Steve have a read of the thread below. Maybe worth checking all the screws are in the right holes mate

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?57226-High-vis-dash-clocks-instrument-clester&highlight=high+vis

Cookie
25-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Ok, thanks guy's, will check everything out, Cheers.

Cookie
25-03-2012, 03:49 AM
Thanks all, just checked the dash and found the small gold coloured philips screw at the top right of the dash (looking at the dash before taking it out) was loose. Traced the circuit back to the group of screws on the above link. Tightened it up and all is good. Thanks again.