PDA

View Full Version : WTB V type rear diff

apexikid
24-03-2012, 07:10 AM
hi folks i am looking for a ready to use non ayc diff, conversion is under way and not keen on ayc.

thanks Dallas

Adam.Findlay
24-03-2012, 07:30 AM
ST-R diffs are also the same as type V diffs and alot easier to find

apexikid
24-03-2012, 08:24 AM
hi Adam, cheers for that!! been looking for a evo 4 lsd but they are rare and also pricey!, thanks for the tip.

Adam.Findlay
24-03-2012, 08:42 AM
I have a evo 8 RS lsd cartrage fitted inside a ST-R casing with the ST-R ring and pinion. excellent diff I personally much prefer it to AYC.
think I paid around the 450 mark for the lsd cartrage (from ebay you have to keep an eye out as they dont come up very often) and 80 for new bearings 20 for new diff seals plus whatever you find a ST-R diff and axles cost.

apexikid
24-03-2012, 09:41 AM
thats sounds like a tough diff. will keep my eyes on the look out, will just run ayc for now untill something comes along, sounds like a good recipe and if thats what your already running id love to know more! thanks Adam.

Adam.Findlay
24-03-2012, 11:07 AM
much stronger then ayc to my knowlage I am the only one who has managed to break one but that was only becasue I converted my car to rear wheel drive for a week and thats what killed it but scince then I have taken the lsd unit from the broken diff, put it in to the new ST-R casing and it has survived many launches with kenneths Launch control ecu mods,
i cant see any of the just lsd centers on ebay at the moment, unless you want to buy a brand new cusco one for the cost of 1 arm and 1 leg haha

apexikid
24-03-2012, 08:30 PM
the thoughts of rwd did cross my mind but i have learnt a lesson doing this to an evo i had a few years back, (carnage) ha ha.
ill drop you a pm, just for a bit more insight to the build. thanks