PDA

View Full Version : WTB Rubber gasket/seal thing that goes on the throttle body

FNFAST VR4
28-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Hi all, I need a new one of these as my one is buggered, and the plastic intake pipe keeps coming off, usually at the worst times! (Think 5pm Friday, Auckland CBD, Albert St, Bus behind me tooting)

I went out to pick a part on the weekend, but couldn't find any on the mitsis that are out there, so I'm hoping someone has one lying around.

Alternatively how do I go about getting rid of that stupid plastic/rubber combo and replacing it with something else? Any suggestions?

I've trawled trademe and google and not found anything overly useful, except for a whole intercooler & piping kit, but unfortunately the finances won't stretch to that right now!

Cheers guys

Hayden

Adam.Findlay
28-03-2012, 03:43 AM
bump for intrest as my pipe popped off the other week and tore the rubber seal,

Davezj
28-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Mitsi sell them but only as part of the plastic elbow in a kit.

The other way would be go with silicone elbow and cut the plastic elbow up so just the bit with the small pipes coming off is left to attach.
Another way would be a silicone elbow and get a hard pipe kit.

FNFAST VR4
29-03-2012, 07:05 AM
I got a reply from Mitsi at $145(ex GST), discounted to $124 excl ($142 incl). And another reply from Ralliart that they'll do one for $100 + freight. Not sure if that's inclusive or exclusive yet.

Adam.Findlay
29-03-2012, 08:27 AM
meh! 100 no thanks ill just go cut a hunk of alloy pipe for ~20 and a silicone joiner for ~10 thanks

wintertidenz
29-03-2012, 12:02 PM
I've got one from my standard pipe when I took it off. Still in really good condition.

Make me an offer.