PDA

View Full Version : Removing AYC?

Gly
02-04-2012, 08:09 AM
as some of you may know, I've recently destroyed my 4th AYC diff.

so will be going down the STR rear diff with Evo LSD.

anyway getting the STR diff and axels from Pierre. and will be using CVR4 courier services to get it to me in the next week or two.

on the hunt for a suitable (and affordable) LSD unit.

in the mean time i need to remove the AYC system completely...

obviously i need to pull out the diff and pump itself,
but what do i need to do electronics wise???

don't want flashy warning lights and errors codes.

cheers

wintertidenz
02-04-2012, 08:34 AM
I think you would need to pull the AYC ECU as well. Check how it ties into the ABS sensors - if they pass through, then you may need to rewire or bridge connectors to ensure ABS still works.

Easiest way to tell would be to pull the AYC ECU out, then see how ABS reacts. If it doesn't like it then it should throw the error codes even idling.

Badger_01
02-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Destroyed your 4th one? Geezus howd you manage that?

Adam.Findlay
02-04-2012, 11:10 AM
you can remove the ayc ecu but i dont know if that affects anything else. all i did was uplug the rear most section of the ayc loom (in the boot by the resovoir) and remove the pump and resovior also. then pull the ayc fuses from under the bonnet and inside the cabin.
thats what I did and no error codes or abs issues etc. but i left the ayc ecu in place. (its up under the dash to the left of the glovebox)

Gly
03-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Destroyed your 4th one? Geezus howd you manage that?

im special :)
drive hard and fast, they don't like launching to often or that extra bit off boost?

you can remove the ayc ecu but i dont know if that affects anything else. all i did was uplug the rear most section of the ayc loom (in the boot by the resovoir) and remove the pump and resovior also. then pull the ayc fuses from under the bonnet and inside the cabin.
thats what I did and no error codes or abs issues etc. but i left the ayc ecu in place. (its up under the dash to the left of the glovebox)

great just what i needed to know.

Badger_01
04-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Lol well done :P Where do you drive hard and fast in Auckland? :L

SEAN-NZ
04-04-2012, 08:53 AM
between traffic lights haha

Kenneth
04-04-2012, 10:22 AM
I just pulled the AYC ECU (as well as removing the pump etc) and there doesn't seem to be any ill effect.