PDA

View Full Version : Recommended alarms

jalford
14-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Can anyone recommend or advise against any particular alarms?

I have a Clifford in the Tomcat which did develop some faults after a couple of years and the fitter was having problems getting replacement parts.

I don't think I'm interested in a Tracker just a good, robust Cat 1 system If it happens to have some cool features (remote start, spinning number plates, rocket launcher, etc... :lolz: ) then that may be of interest too.

Big Ian
14-12-2004, 08:26 PM
take a look at TOAD alarms,i had one in my last car and it done what it was bought for! never had one bit of bother in 3 year's :D

jalford
14-12-2004, 10:46 PM
I remember they used to have some interesting products. Not just alarms but things like film to put over windows to stop anyone smashing them to into the car.
They seen to have gone a bit quiet now though. I can't even find their website :sad3:

Do you happen to know what Toad's website is?

Big Ian
15-12-2004, 12:45 AM
try a max power magazine,they are alway's doing review's on alarm's.....well not alway's!! most of the time they do car alarm review's,(most edition's have a 2 page "TOAD" add)
also check the add's in the back pages of max power,their's load's of place's selling alarm's in it

Polabear
15-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Do you happen to know what Toad's website is?

Here you go ...http://www.tgplc.com

jalford
16-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Here you go ...http://www.tgplc.com

Thanks. I've had a look but they don't seem to do as many products as they used to. Just alarms now.

Spoke to a local firm and they recommended a Sigma S30. Will have a bit more of a look around first though as I would like to have total closure as I have this on my current motor.

sprocket
16-12-2004, 10:36 PM
toad. have one in the legnum and one in an audi before it. to quote the alarm fitter " in 5 years of fitting these i have never had to go back to one" that was enough for me and up to now he has been right.