PDA

View Full Version : Club vr4 .co.uk

venomboy
17-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Guys I have been away so don't know what is happening about this issue. The Ghost site (.co.uk) is still appearing and people are trying to contact us through it. We are losing potential members here! Also Clubvr4.com doesn't get on the first google page anymore, possibly due to .co.uk, and you know how many people don't even bother to go to the second page.
VB

venomboy
17-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Hello anyone out there? Or am I on the wrong site still?
VB

Nick Mann
17-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Hello anyone out there? Or am I on the wrong site still?
VB

lol!

No, you're in the right place. But I don't think anyone but Barry can do anything about it. Maybe the admins could puts sticky threads everywhere in the meantime? Not sure what the best way is.

venomboy
17-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Thanks for replying nick, what's puzzling me is why it's comeback, I mean I asssume we are not paying for it but it seems to be fully functional,At the least we should be updating it , as you suggest, or maybe just move back in wholesale and save ourselves the rental!
VB

Nick Mann
17-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Heh!

I have no idea. I know next to nothing about website construction! For a long time the clubvr4.co.uk address brought you to the dot com site, but something must have changed. I guess Barry will see this next time he is on and hopefully will be able to sort it then.

Spirit
18-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Yep Barry is gonna have to sort this one I'm afraid - but when I get chance I will pop over there and try to leave some messages

Spirit
18-12-2004, 02:07 AM
Right....

I have posted a couple of announcements on the main homepage, put an announcement at the top of every forum, and also sent an email to all currently registered users to advise them of the problem and directing them to .com - hopefully this will help.

Spirit
18-12-2004, 02:15 AM
I have now also locked most usergroups on there from doing anything ....this includes:

Creating threads, posting, uploading attachments etc

BraindG
20-12-2004, 12:28 PM
well bugger me.
that forum page has been down for a very very long time.. (7 months ago was the last post on the general forum) why all of a sudden is it working again.. they must have done something their end. I Did a search for posts on the general forum, and the first post was on the 11th of december., so not that bad.

let me close that forum down, and redirect people to here...

enigma
20-12-2004, 12:48 PM
any chance that lost threads and attachments can be transported?

BraindG
20-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Thought the threads were ok again?

ill attempt the attachments for sure..