PDA

View Full Version : BCXMODs V1.0

BCX
26-04-2012, 03:21 PM
WARNING & DISCLAIMER:

NOT FOR ROAD USE

I accept no responsibility for any damage or costs, not limited to blown engine, bricked ECU, mechanical failure, poor reliability, injury/death, fines/defects, void insurance and repair costs. This ROM and Configurator Program is provided as-is and I accept NO responsibility for the use of these. By choosing to download and use either of these items, you agree to accept all responsibly that may arise from their use.

Now that's out of the way, I present BCXMODs V1.0 Beta

This version of the mod will allow for two independently controlled conditional outputs. Features of Conditional Outputs include user configurable criteria (either 1 or 2 conditions) and ability to control condition (either Less Than or Greater Than). I've created a configurator program which should hopefully be straight forward - and a lot more user friendlier than trying to use ECUFlash. You will still need ECUFlash to upload this rom. It's worth noting when using 2 conditions - the outputs must meet both conditions (i.e. condition 1 = true AND condition 2 = true)

Available versions are only limited to EM2004 (0013 code) at the moment - if you have a different ECU (i.e. EM2005, EM2381, EM2428), I’ll be releasing ROMs for those cars that way you can keep the correct configuration. Both this ROM and Configurator Program are Beta - If you come across any problems, please let me know and I’ll update it. Be sure to check back in this thread for newer versions. Configurator program is written in C# so will need .Net Framework 4.0 as a prerequisite.

Output Pins are B-1 & B-2. These outputs will earth when 'on' (conditions met) and should be able to sink enough current to drive a relay (I was using a parker bulb no worries - approx. 100ma)

Uses are endless for this MOD, some that come to mind:

Shift Lamp (Output: globe/led, Condition: Over certain RPM)
Intercooler Spray (Output: relay that drive pump, Condition: Over certain TPS and/or Load)
Water Injection (Output: relay that drive pump, Condition: Over certain TPS and/or Load)
Secondary Knocksum indicator (Output: globe/led, Condition: Over certain knocksum)
Economy Driving light (Output: globe/led, Condition: below certain TPS and/or load)
????
Profit!!!

Future versions will hopefully include more outputs, timed outputs (ie, leave on for 500ms once criteria met, then off), latching outputs (turn on with a condition, turn off with another condition). Also, if i've missed an Item to use in a condition (ie tps, coolant, etc) let me know, and i'll add it.

Enjoy, and as always, happy for criticisms/comments. Donations accepted if you like it/use it... this has taken some time to create!

Thanks,
Bill.

PS. This will eventually be merged with KSMods. For now, this will be a separate MOD. Stay Tuned! (no pun intended :p)

Linky to BCXMOD V1.0Beta (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9305786/Defs/BCXMOD%20v1.0%20Beta.zip/)

BCX
26-04-2012, 03:24 PM
post reserved for future use

foxdie
26-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Oh my god, epicness ahoy :D

Quick question though, you've opted to use B-1 and B-2 output, this instantly means PFL Auto users can't use this ROM, not sure about PFL Manual users though?

Not sure what B-1 and B-2 are actually used for on PFL autos...

Edit: Exhaust gas recirc?

BCX
26-04-2012, 03:38 PM
I thought about this... In the ROM i've been disassembling (well the one i've got the furthest with 20030013), it doesn't have the provision to control those pins in the code... it just never uses them. So if you plug a later ECU in, they wont do anything anyway.

I tried to find other outputs on other pins... no luck yet. Got a few more things to check though... so watch this space.

foxdie
26-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Maybe this thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?59222-Definitive-EFI-ECU-Pinout-(KS-Mod-friendly)) could provide inspiration?

BCX
26-04-2012, 03:46 PM
to add more:

1. I'll whip up some XML for those who want to do it the old way... current defs will work with this ROM, just wont show the values of the mod.
2. Relying on you guys to let me know if these outputs exist on your ECU. i've tested it on two different ECUs - they exist on both.
3. As pointed out, i'll try and find more outputs... i'm only half way through finding them. To find them, i'm having to hijack any time mitsu's code trys to write to the data register of the H8's ports, and then use my half finished live tuning project to turn each bit on/off while check the pins on the ecu pcb with the multitester... it's painstakingly slow, and i've been doing this part in the car... kneeling on the concrete at the pasennger door leaning into the car cos the ecu loom is short. :p

scott.mohekey
26-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Ok, bear with me here, this may get a little crazy... Is there a spare timer we can use? I'm thinking, instead of using these two outputs directly as outputs, why not use them for I2C/SPI to control a multiplexer?

Adam.Findlay
27-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Nice awesome work BCX look forward to the merge with KS mods so I can make use of IC sprayer

BCX
27-04-2012, 12:48 AM
I was thinking could use a shift register. That would allow up to as many outputs as you want. Ill investigate if there is indeed more outputs, then look onto multiplexing them. How many outputs is a good number?

scott.mohekey
27-04-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm not sure to be honest. I can see myself using a shift light, and maybe IC spray. Possibly an output to enable/disable methanol?

Kenneth
27-04-2012, 06:10 AM
Nice going Bill :thumbsup: