PDA

View Full Version : piggy back or not

kares_leni
28-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Hi I stop my modifications on my car, vr4, which are (alloy radiator 50mm evo 8, magnessor 85 kv cables,walibaro fuel pomp,hks blow of valve,evo clutch 7-9,cold air box,spark plugs NGK PFR 6g-11, FMIC-600/320/90 ,and going to change (very soon) 2x td04 which I did rebuild with new rebuild kit, When I have done the turbos I will need same remap ,then it comes the question
Can somebody remap it or I will need piggy bag ECU anyway and then remap it ? I am going to leave the stock injectors .will be remap with stock injectors and this mods which I have got and mods I am going to change
I think I will need fuel pr, regulator is it ?
And oil cooler
This piggy backs seems to me very difficult to fit, if I can avoid them will be great ,so many wiring,soldering, I am not good with this kind of things

foxdie
28-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Heya panayot,

Firstly, please read questions 4 and 5 in the Common tuning FAQ (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?62831-Common-tuning-FAQ) to get you up to speed.

The stock ECU should be good for a TD04 conversion if suitably remapped, people generally switch to aftermarket fuelling computers to get around the issue of not being able to reflash their ECUS, all VR-4 engine ECUs can now be reflashed to have boost cut removed, fuelling / timing tables changed, even launch control / anti-lag / switchable maps in some cases :)

What I would say is, upgrading to TD04s will risk running the injectors past their rating, the stock injectors should be good for around 350 HP by raising the fuel pressure above the default of "3 bar + boost" but at that point they are pushed to their limit, leaving little to no room to fuel any more to cope with problems or bad fuel.

I highly recommend upgrading your injectors if you're planning on pushing the car past 335 HP, you will need high impedance injectors, SARD do 530CC high impedance injectors for example, part code is 63516 :thumbsup:

kares_leni
28-04-2012, 10:25 PM
10x foxdie I will check my ECU which one is it , but anyway they all can be raflash by now .

SAF68
03-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Foxdie, if i change the scaling on the rom , is it possible to run with sard 650cc ( part number 63562 )??.. Because i'm on TD04 13G and run E85.

Thank's buddy ;)

Saf

foxdie
03-05-2012, 11:10 PM
SAF68 Hi Saf, yes you can start with changing the Injector Scaling value to 650 and then make minor tweaks from there, test thoroughly :)

SAF68
03-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Thank's a lot my friend , last question please , have you got a part number ( bolt on ) for 650cc injectors?

Saf