PDA

View Full Version : For sale: Maserati super car

Slimshady
20-12-2004, 12:24 AM
My brother-in-law is sadly selling his Maserati on ebay :Cry1: – If I had the cash I would defiantly buy it.

MASERATI QUATTROPORTE 3.2 V8 EVOLUZIONE BY FERRARI
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18180&item=4512842484&rd=1

This is an awesome car – but he has chosen to keep the Lotus Carlton over it.

Please save it and give it a good home

Physician
20-12-2004, 01:40 AM
Oh yes! Truly an awesome car - and one I would look at very seriously if money were no object. It's another wolf in sheeps clothing like the VR4's - except faster!

I actually prefer the GT shape but nevertheless a fabulous machine.

Roadrunner
20-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Yep, I was looking at these earlier this year, but couldn't find one that had everything I wanted. Still going to have a Maserati one day, but now see that the 3200s are coming down to reasonable money so I think I'll go for one of these in a year or two. Pity the new ones don't have the Lasalle clock though :( ;)

nick-f1
20-12-2004, 09:57 PM
My brother-in-law is sadly selling his Maserati on ebay :Cry1: – If I had the cash I would defiantly buy it.

MASERATI QUATTROPORTE 3.2 V8 EVOLUZIONE BY FERRARI
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18180&item=4512842484&rd=1

This is an awesome car – but he has chosen to keep the Lotus Carlton over it.

Please save it and give it a good home

The trouble with this car is its bad reliability record! A collegue of my boss has had two of these cars and both of them spent more time in the workshops with electrical problems than on the road!
Having said that the fact that he bought two of them speaks volumes about the car.

PS: I 'd have one if money was no object. :sad3:

Physician
21-12-2004, 01:02 AM
........... Pity the new ones don't have the Lasalle clock though :( ;)

I had some pictures of a fairly run down Mazza (including a close up of the clock) which I nearly bought prior to finding my VR4. (lost em)

I understand that the original clocks sell for about £1,000/1,200!

Roadrunner
21-12-2004, 09:37 AM
The trouble with this car is its bad reliability record!
I thought the last model Quattroportes were OK. I know the Biturbos were a nightmare, but I thought they'd sorted things by 1999/2000 ... Certainly no-one was warning me about reliability when I looked earlier this year. Never going to be as reliable as a VR-4 though ;)