PDA

View Full Version : Old News But......

Spirit
09-07-2003, 01:52 AM
Just seen this on a Birmingham website for news - was dated 13/1/2001:

The Autosports International Show at the NEC in Birmingham has already had its first visitors even before the doors open to the public today.

Car thieves visited the venue early and stole a £34,000 high performance 150 mph Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Saloon, one of six high performance Mitsubishi road and rally vehicles scheduled to go on display

The vehicle had just been unloaded from a vehicle transporter, parked and before the car could be moved into Exhibition Hall 6 the opportunist thieves struck.

The Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Saloon is silver in colour and has distinctive RALLIART show plates fitted. Mitsubishi Motors in the UK are appealing for anybody seeing this car or knowing where it is to contact their local Police or to telephone Mitsubishi Motors on 01285 655777 or 01285 647200.

Mitsubishi Motors spokesperson David Miles said; "I know our Ralliart products are ‘hot’, desirable and scarce but this is ridiculous - we need it back for the Show – can I appeal for its return please."

Then on 15/3/2001:

MITSUBISHI MOTORS SAYS THANK YOU TO POLICE FOR RECOVERING RALLIART SUPERCAR

Mitsubishi Motors have had returned the prestigious Galant VR4 saloon supercar which was stolen from the NEC in Birmingham in January. The car, worth £31,995, was found abandoned by the West Midlands Police after it was used in an armed raid on a Bingo Hall in Acocks Green, Birmingham last Friday in which one person was hurt and a substantial amount of money was taken. The car was stolen whilst being delivered to the NEC for the Autosports on January 10. David Miles, General Manager of Press and Public Affairs at Mitsubishi Motors says; "We are very pleased that the vehicle has been found. As with all car thefts the longer a car is missing the less likely you think it will be found, especially in one piece. We would like to thank the West Midlands Police for their help in recovering the car and hope that they are equally successful in tracking down the thieves which committed this crime, and that the person injured makes a speedy recovery."

Brind
09-07-2003, 05:48 PM
I read this a while ago too.

Seems like the thieves has good taste so it can't all be bad.:)

'Silver' Hope it wasn't my car.:gun1:

I don't think I saw that picture before though.. looks quite amusing.