PDA

View Full Version : For you guys who have the front Selby ARB fitted.

aboo
20-05-2012, 03:35 PM
We all know the problem the rear one has on the rear lower arm but a word of warning with the front one.

I have had my front one fitted for just over a year now. The car was in for its MOT on Tuesday & one of the fails was front drop links insecure. I checked them today & it was just as well I had a new set at hand.

On both sides where they attach to the ARB they had come loose by about two turns of the bolt & were seized. I have the type of drop link where you put an alan key in the centre of the threads to stop it spinning while loosening/ tightening but it was like a half size bigger than it should have been on both side resulting it being a nightmare to get the bolts off.

My thoughts were that the bolt is getting worked loose then with the friction its swelling the threads thus jamming the bolt on. Took me about an hour a side to get the bolts off.

Worth checking if you have the ARB fitted. I will be keeping a close eye on them from now on/yes

Kryton
20-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Is this a selby or arb issue? I didn't know there were problems & just had cusco ones fitted. Thanks for the heads up :)

aboo
20-05-2012, 04:38 PM
I haven't heard about any problems with the cusco ones Chris.

Kryton
20-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Ok cool. Thanks for the reply

peter thomson
20-05-2012, 06:29 PM
It's not an issue . It's because they are stronger than the cuscos and our arb links are puny compared to the bars. An upgrade to those I'm sure would sort this out. Keith has already had a similar prob on rear and uses locking nuts to hold them

aboo
20-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Think I will look into locking nuts Peter. Any idea's to an upgrade for the drop links?

WOODY72
20-05-2012, 07:09 PM
And dont forget to paint them with grease after fitting to stop them rusting.

Humpty's Revenge
20-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Think I will look into locking nuts Peter. Any idea's to an upgrade for the drop links?

Andy if you got the same drop links I got that time I am sure they already have locking nuts?

aboo
20-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Andy if you got the same drop links I got that time I am sure they already have locking nuts?Yes they were Steve. They had the plastic inside the nut but so did the ones that I took off the car.

c0xxy
20-05-2012, 07:32 PM
don't think I've ever removed drop links without a grinder, seems so much easier

peter thomson
21-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Nyloc plus a second nut on keiths. No idea at the moment on an upgrade though to the links