PDA

View Full Version : V6 interior issue

Scanny
23-05-2012, 09:09 PM
i really dont like the VR4 interior so i want to swap my blue fleck sports interior to the VR4 which sounds simple enough. the one possible irritating problem that i think i could have is the drivers door card. i saw a button or switch on a picture recently of a VR4 to the right of the window lock. my car doesnt have that but there is a rectangular groove there which does not appear to be removable. what is it and what is the solution to putting the sport interior in the VR4?

Wodjno
23-05-2012, 09:12 PM
It's a door lock/unlock button.

Scanny
23-05-2012, 09:25 PM
so i dont need it? i rarely have passengers and they are always adults anyway

aboo
23-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Just change the switches over from the VR4 into the door cars from the V6. You will have to unplug it anyway to get the door card off.

Nick Mann
25-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Yep, What Andy said. Just swap the switches.

Scanny
25-05-2012, 02:00 PM
the problem is that the V6 has a blank cover where that switch is and it is not removable. its the same with what i assume is the TC switch and whatever else the VR4 has under the mirror controls

SEAN-NZ
25-05-2012, 11:56 PM
just use the switches from the vr4, shouldnt have any problems swapping them over, or just dont plug the cable that went to the lock/unlock switch into anything, i dont see there would be any problems with either option.

aboo
26-05-2012, 12:04 AM
the problem is that the V6 has a blank cover where that switch is and it is not removable. its the same with what i assume is the TC switch and whatever else the VR4 has under the mirror controlsAre you talking about the window controls on the drivers door card or on the dash under the steering wheel on the right hand side? Can you link to the pic you saw? You'v got me confused/yes.

Scanny
26-05-2012, 08:31 AM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?63828-Legnum-VR-4-97-1997-Aberdeen

in the picture of the interior there are the 4 window switches and 2 to the front of them. the left one is the window lock and i have all of these. what i dont have is the larger switch to the right of it. all i have is a blank rectangle with a groove round it

SEAN-NZ
26-05-2012, 11:04 AM
i dont see what the problem is? dont mean to sound rude, just dont connect it, or use the switches from the vr4, problem solved, i know what you mean about the blank, i drove a galant with it blanked out.

Confused
28-05-2012, 08:43 AM
That whole plastic panel can be removed from the door cards - just swap as necessary, it really isn't an issue at all.

Louis
28-05-2012, 11:28 AM
are the front seat mounting points the same in the V6 and the VR4, as I know the floor pan is different between the 4WD and the 2WD models, (seat mounts may still be the same, but worth checking), if different you could swap the runners.

aboo
28-05-2012, 05:07 PM
are the front seat mounting points the same in the V6 and the VR4, as I know the floor pan is different between the 4WD and the 2WD models, (seat mounts may still be the same, but worth checking), if different you could swap the runners.Mounting points for the seat are the same Louis. My leather interior is out of a V6/yes