PDA

View Full Version : headlight brows

zanzibar
23-05-2012, 09:46 PM
tempted in getting these http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBON-FIBER-MITSUBISHI-97-02-GALANT-VR4-HEADLIGHTS-EYEBROWS-EYELIDS-/300705065193?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item46036b28e9 has anyone seen these before or have them fitted.
not sure on how they fit but it looks like you may have to screw them onto the headlight which im not to keen on, can i just glue them on?.

Scanny
23-05-2012, 09:48 PM
if they are the same as the ones i had on my rover they use velcro to stick to the top of the lens under the bonnet

VR4Kaos
23-05-2012, 09:51 PM
i have a set of these for sale not c/f they are matt black but can be sprayed any colour make me an offer mate also they are brand new never been fitted

zanzibar
23-05-2012, 09:53 PM
thanks for the offer karl but im after carbon fibre bits only

Humpty's Revenge
23-05-2012, 09:54 PM
I bought some normal ones a few years ago from the very same company & you pay for what you get!

As for fastening, you can either use velcro or use sealant on the top but use just a couple of blobs each end.

I've still not used mine so just goes to show the quality

VR4Kaos
23-05-2012, 09:54 PM
np mate

zanzibar
23-05-2012, 09:57 PM
would you not recommend them then steve

Humpty's Revenge
23-05-2012, 10:01 PM
would you not recommend them then steve

Not the standard ones bud, the carbon ones might be better but watch out for import duty, taxes & charges!

zanzibar
23-05-2012, 10:05 PM
i think i will probs order a set and check the quality, fitment etc and post my findings on here

aboo
23-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Is there not fitting issues with these Steve? Would have thought if there for the US cars they wont fit ours cause of the different light design?

zanzibar
23-05-2012, 10:50 PM
these are jdm the item location is also in japan

aboo
23-05-2012, 10:54 PM
these are jdm the item location is also in japanMy bad. It was the little kink in it that I couldn't work out how that would fit.

esfa
23-05-2012, 11:19 PM
i have a set of these for sale not c/f they are matt black but can be sprayed any colour make me an offer mate also they are brand new never been fitted
£31 inc. p&p here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-GALANT-97-02-VR4-VRM-JDM-HEADLIGHTS-EYELIDS-EYEBROWS-/251064293036?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a749916ac
my offer £25 inc. p&p ?

Davezj
23-05-2012, 11:22 PM
you can see in the pics these are designed for UK spec lights as they have the bulge between the headlight and indicator, which is required for uk spec separate headlight and indicator unit.

they will look odd on JDM combined headlight and indicator.

i have 3 sets of the standard fibre glass ones and i got a refund on every set as they all turned up damaged and they are warped and not very good quality. but they came from Hong Kong though.
you do get what you pay for.
the 3 sets i have are fixable, but require a bit of extra fibre glass adding to make them Ok then a small amount of flexable filler to take care of the surface imperfections, and a coat of paint to finish them off.
i will get round to doing it at some point, but i have other stuff that needs doing first.

VR4Kaos
23-05-2012, 11:22 PM
sold

VR4Kaos
23-05-2012, 11:23 PM
£31 inc. p&p here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-GALANT-97-02-VR4-VRM-JDM-HEADLIGHTS-EYELIDS-EYEBROWS-/251064293036?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a749916ac
my offer £25 inc. p&p ?

sold

Davezj
23-05-2012, 11:25 PM
my offer £25 inc. p&p ?

these are also designed for uk spec lights.
and these were the shocking quality one i bought and got a refund 3 times. they are not worth buying unless you want to do some extra fibre glassing and filling and painting.

this is just my opinion though.

edit:-
just thought i would point out i am refuring to the eyelids in the ebay add that are linked to, and not the ones karl has for sale.

esfa
23-05-2012, 11:36 PM
these are also designed for uk spec lights.
and these were the shocking quality one i bought and got a refund 3 times. they are not worth buying unless you want to do some extra fibre glassing and filling and painting.

this is just my opinion though.

/thankyou for letting me know ,I wanted to order these from ebay /wall

aboo
23-05-2012, 11:38 PM
you can see in the pics these are designed for UK spec lights as they have the bulge between the headlight and indicator, which is required for uk spec separate headlight and indicator unit.

they will look odd on JDM combined headlight and indicator.

i have 3 sets of the standard fibre glass ones and i got a refund on every set as they all turned up damaged and they are warped and not very good quality. but they came from Hong Kong though.
you do get what you pay for.
the 3 sets i have are fixable, but require a bit of extra fibre glass adding to make them Ok then a small amount of flexable filler to take care of the surface imperfections, and a coat of paint to finish them off.
i will get round to doing it at some point, but i have other stuff that needs doing first.Dave do you have the UK lights fitted to your car or are you taking about getting them to fit JDM light?

Davezj
23-05-2012, 11:40 PM
/thankyou for letting me know ,I wanted to order these from ebay /wall

as i said the ones you have linked to in the ebay add are UK spec one.

can you see the bulge at the indicator headlight joint.which is ok if you convert to glass fronted uk spec headlight, but looks a bit odd on JDM stanard VR4 lights.

Davezj
23-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Dave do you have the UK lights fitted to your car or are you taking about getting them to fit JDM light?

no i have JDM lights on the car at the moment but i do have a spare set of uk spec headlight and indicators so i can fit them to make the eyelids look right.

but i was refuring to just getting the eyelids in to a useable starte for the front of anyones car, the 3 sets i get were unusable in ther deilivered state, mainly they were all cracked at the joint where the bit that sits ontop of the headlight meets the thin figer bit that wraps round the indicator lens.
hence like steve i have not fitted them yet.
on 2 of the sets the bit finger bit that wrapped round the indicator was bent/formed in the opposit direction to the curve of the inditator, so it would constantly be pulling away from the adhesive you applied to fix it to the indicator lens. not to mention all the pit marks in the front finished surface of the eyelid that would stick out like a witches when you painted them, and bug you everytime you looked at them, hence the need for flexable filling the surface.

but as i said they are fixable with a few well placed score marks down the back of the bent finger bit and a bit of extra fibre glass on the inside to reform the bend to the correct direction.
but these are suppose to be ready to paint and attach to the lights, which thay were clearly not in a state to do.

esfa
23-05-2012, 11:59 PM
can you see the bulge at the indicator headlight joint.which is ok if you convert to glass fronted uk spec headlight, but looks a bit odd on JDM stanard VR4 lights.
You're absolutely right, I missed it!