PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has a photo of stock VR-4 ECU?

valmes
23-12-2004, 02:41 PM
...or has one out and can take picture of it?

-LegnumVR4-
24-12-2004, 06:29 AM
Just the outside of it?

valmes
24-12-2004, 07:22 AM
I was actually interested in this part of it:

valmes
24-12-2004, 07:36 AM
-LegnumVR4- Thanks anyway.

The reason I asked was this link:

2G EPROM DSMLink ECU upgrade (http://www.DSMLink.com)

Its an ECU upgrade for 2G DSM cars (95+ years) with an OBDII, with lots of usefull stuff... most of which could only be found on a good aftermarket ECU.

" To check for an EPROM inside your ECU, pull the ECU out and check the sticker on top. The sticker should have a part number on it (e.g., MD309947) with some other numbers and a letter in the lower right hand corner. If the letter in the lower right hand corner is an "E", then the ECU has an EPROM."

valmes
24-12-2004, 07:36 AM
-LegnumVR4- Thanks anyway.

The reason I asked was this link:

2G EPROM DSMLink ECU upgrade (http://www.DSMLink.com)

Its an ECU upgrade for 2G DSM cars (95+ years) with an OBDII, with lots of usefull stuff... most of which could only be found on a good aftermarket ECU.

" To check for an EPROM inside your ECU, pull the ECU out and check the sticker on top. The sticker should have a part number on it (e.g., MD309947) with some other numbers and a letter in the lower right hand corner. If the letter in the lower right hand corner is an "E", then the ECU has an EPROM."

-LegnumVR4-
24-12-2004, 08:05 AM
MD340289
E2T66886

6829 F1

Took a photo of the sticker and a photo of the insides.

valmes
25-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks again -LegnumVR4-
Will try to find out if it is possible to get this thing working on our cars...

-LegnumVR4-
25-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Not sure if it will work. I think its for the 4g63 engine. I'm pretty sure the US guys are working on the next type of ECU's which are the same as ours. Same as their 8G Galants and Eclipes.

valmes
25-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Reply from DSMLink stuff:

Currently, no. But we're always open to ideas. In those pictures you
sent, can you get me the numbers off that processor? It's the biggest
surface mount chip on the board.

> Hi,
> Do you plan on getting DSMLink working on other models of Mitsubishi, not just 2Gs?
> Can it be adapted to work with 1996-2000 VR-4 ECU (OBDII)?
>
> Thanks.
> Val

-LegnumVR4-
25-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Well the biggest chip number is:

Main number with Mitzy symbol is:

MH7201FS

Other info under the main number:

95FW80AF JAPAN
5G0018

valmes
27-12-2004, 09:30 AM
For those of you who are lazy enough to check out their site ( www.DSMLink.com (http://www.dsmlink.com) ), here is the "short" feature overview of DSMLink:

" DSMLink is the datalogger and tuning tool for the second generation (1995-1999) turbocharged Mitsubishi Eclipses and Eagle Talons. Rest assured, this is not just another OBD II datalogger. No, no. This is a full-fledged datalogger and tuning tool. DSMLink not only provides high-resolution datalogging facilities, but also provides the tuning tools necessary to actually do something with all that data you capture. DSMLink includes fuel and ignition timing adjustments in the factory ECU. You retain all the driveability of the factory-calibrated fuel and timing maps during cruise operation, but gain full control over things at wide open throttle. You simply specify RPM-based adjustments and DSMLink automatically creates the 3-dimensional mapping used internally by the ECU. It's a very easy, yet very powerful way to tune your car's performance at the track.

DSMLink development is focussed on one thing and one thing only. That is to provide the DSM community with the best engine managment system we can fit inside the factory ECU. We constantly ask users for their feedback on which features they want and we strive to provide the ones we can. We feel version 2 is a clear example of this dedication to the user community."

DTCs - Allows the user to disable some of the more annoying check engine light conditions.
Fuel Cut - Removes the airflow fuel cut.
Speed Limiter - Removes the speed limiter.
Knock MIL - Flashes the check engine light if timing is pulled back more than 5 degrees (user definable) due to knock.
Fan Control - Allows the user to turn on both radiator fans to their highest speeds.
Fuel Pump - Allows the user to force the fuel pump on without running the car. Useful for draining the tank without heating up the engine.
Cam Inverter - Manipulate the cam sensor signal so that injector firing order is swapped. Useful when DSMLink is installed in a car with a '97+ or 1G-style cam sensor. Yes, you still have to swap the plug wires...there's not much we can do about that one.
A/T Timing - Retains ignition timing in between shifts on automatics.
Injectors - Provides compensation for aftermarket injectors; idle like stock even with 720 injectors.
Fuel/Timing - Provides RPM-based fuel and timing adjustments. The ECU automatically calculates the more complicated airflow based adjustments from your settings.
RPM Limits - Allows adjustment to rev limit, launch RPM, and idle point.
Datalogging - Capture everything you could imagine, including knock retard! Sample rates of almost 300 bytes per second, which translates to roughly 20 frames of 11 values per second.
Log Notes - Enter notes with each log file to record things like quarter mile time and fuel and timing setup (optionally grabbed from the ECU for you).
Autoframe - Frames a data capture automatically for a drag strip pass. This trims the data before and after the pass so that you're left with a clean, concise view of what happened going down the track.
Octane Reset - Resets the long term octane value on every restart of the car.
BCS Flicker - Removes the boost control solenoid (BCS) flicker between 2300 and 3900 RPMs.
Export - Exports displayed data to a file appropriate for loading into Excel for further analysis.
MAF Comp - Allows the user to "dial in" changes made to the air metering system (hacked MAF, bypass tube, or GM MAFT type unit).
Speed Density - Allows one to switch over to basic speed density operation when the existing MAF system is about to over run. A functional MAF is still required and the user needs to provide a manifold pressure signal to the ECU.
MAF Clamp - Defines a switch off point for the MAF, above which the ECU will extrapolate airflow data rather than read it from the MAF.
Coolant Offset - Provides adjustments for aftermarket (lower temp) thermostats.
Coolant MIL - Warns the user when coolant temps exceed a certain value (defined by the user).
Nitrous Controls - Provides basic nitrous controls. Parameters include RPM window, throttle position, speed, and knock retard.
No-Lift-To-Shift - Keep the throttle down during shifts. Reduces lag and provides smoother shifting in many cases.
Antilag - Provides a drag-style antilag system for spooling those large turbos at the line and during shifts.
Higher Idle - Provides necessary adjustments to cleanly support higher idle values (over 1000 RPM).
TPS/Idle Switch - Provides simulation of an idle switch and adjustments to the throttle position value "seen" by the ECU to support aftermarket throttle bodies.
Knock Control - Allows the user to adjust the conditions under which the knock sensor is used by the ECU. This provides a work around to the common "phantom knock" problem.
Gauge Display - Allows the user to change what gets displayed on the factory "boost" gauge. Common selections include coolant temp, idle control, O2 sensors, etc.
ECU Config - Saves and loads the entire ECU configuration to a single file. Also includes this data inside each datalog so you always know how your ECU was configured at the time a datalog was made.
OBD II Fix - Fixes the OBDII MIL bug in the '95 ECU. Mitsubishi did a recall on the '96 ECUs but offered no fix for the '95.
Cranking Fuel Cut - If the throttle is wide open while cranking, injectors are shut off. This seems to help clear out flooded conditions produced while attempting to start in REALLY cold environments.
Faster Comm - Tweaks to the ECU communication layer provide for quicker responses to ECU configuration changes made via the laptop.

The Dataloging feature has a lot of displayable values... you can find a list of them in DSMLink V2 PDF User guide. Really impressive. Actually I found this link while I was searching for a good OBDII Dataloger for my car. Well, this thing looks promising... :)

-LegnumVR4-
27-12-2004, 09:45 AM
My friends here with their 4G63 VR4/EVO's run software like this. All types of programing can be done to the chips. Very impressive what can be done.

Was the guy going to check on the chip info that I posted up Valmes?

valmes
27-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Reply from Thomas Dorris of DSMLink:

"That processor does seem familiar, but without an ECU
here to verify, it's hard to say for sure. It's also very hard to know
if/when Mitsubishi might have changed anything in that ECU line up. For
example, in the 2G DSMs ('95-'99) there was a different ECU *every* year
with three different processors! The '98/'99 DSM ECUs used the MH7202F
processor, which we have just recently begun to play around with. It's
possible that your VR4 ECU is very similar to this one. If so, that
means it's reflashable (no EPROM).

So yeah, I'm interested, but it would be a hard market to enter with so
little information (we don't even get that car here in the states!). I
will definitely keep it in mind, though. If there's any chance you can
locate one of these ECUs for us, I'd be more than happy to take a closer
look. I'll re-imburse you for the expense, of course. It would also be
useful to get some pictures and/or processor numbers from other users
with different years of that car. It would be GREAT if Mitsubishi stuck
with one ECU design for 5 years in a row, but that's highly unlikely.
Do you know which year car that particular ECU you sent me pictures of
and the information below came from?

Thanks again,

Thomas Dorris"

-LegnumVR4-
28-12-2004, 01:01 AM
Interesting stuff Valmes :)

That ECU of mine is a 1996 model from an auto so thats the 250/260bhp model.

Chassis number is: EC5W-0003617
Model number is: E-EC5W LYGF

If any of that helps.

I do have the 2001 ECU in my car at the moment which is 280bhp but haven't gotten around to looking at it yet. Maybe one of the other uses out there could crack one open? I'm thinking that the auto 280bhp model is the same as the manuals 280 ECU.
I've had no problems running the later models ECU in my car so everything could be based on the one model, manuals included.

Big Dave u have a face lift Legnum VR4 and a camera, nudge nudge, wink wink :D

valmes
03-01-2005, 04:06 PM
So does anyone has a spare ECU? Or where to look for a used one?

enigma
03-01-2005, 07:56 PM
I doubt I will be pulling the ECU anytime soon though :(

-LegnumVR4-
04-01-2005, 03:46 AM
Can't part with the spare one at the moment. Maybe a ClubVR4 fund raiser to buy a ECU for research?

valmes
04-01-2005, 03:52 AM
How much would a used VR-4 ECU cost?

-LegnumVR4-
04-01-2005, 04:03 AM
I'll try and do some ringing around tomorrow to find out.

aaron68nz
04-01-2005, 10:14 AM
So how much boost is safe to run on a stock 97 VR4 ECU without the fuel supply dangerously leaning out?

valmes
04-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Stock MAF is limited, above some point (frequency of more then say 2400 Hz), in providing ECU with an accurate information about the "Mass Air Flow" coming into the engine. Well, it has been discussed before… but as a general rule of thumb don’t go over 0,9 bar if you don’t have other mods. You will either get fuel cut, lean out or get “diminishing returns” in terms of additional power…

PS: Anyway our turbos are working out of their efficiency range, if pushed above 0,9 bar at higher RPMs. They can provide more air, but at cost of heating it... but thats another story. :)

-LegnumVR4-
04-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Valmes a second hand ECU for a 6A13 VR4 is about $500nz.

Kyoshu
06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
I have a spare ECU I could part with, but it's for 97 Auto.

-LegnumVR4-
06-01-2005, 09:34 PM
The info i supplied came from a 96 auto ECU, if u could pop ur one open and compare the number on the chip to see if they are the same.

valmes
07-01-2005, 04:50 AM
It seems like I might buy one here in Russia for about 120$. Will see next week.

Mante
21-01-2005, 03:04 AM
Reply from Thomas Dorris of DSMLink:

"That processor does seem familiar, but without an ECU
here to verify, it's hard to say for sure. It's also very hard to know
if/when Mitsubishi might have changed anything in that ECU line up. For
example, in the 2G DSMs ('95-'99) there was a different ECU *every* year
with three different processors! The '98/'99 DSM ECUs used the MH7202F
processor, which we have just recently begun to play around with. It's
possible that your VR4 ECU is very similar to this one. If so, that
means it's reflashable (no EPROM).

So yeah, I'm interested, but it would be a hard market to enter with so
little information (we don't even get that car here in the states!). I
will definitely keep it in mind, though. If there's any chance you can
locate one of these ECUs for us, I'd be more than happy to take a closer
look. I'll re-imburse you for the expense, of course. It would also be
useful to get some pictures and/or processor numbers from other users
with different years of that car. It would be GREAT if Mitsubishi stuck
with one ECU design for 5 years in a row, but that's highly unlikely.
Do you know which year car that particular ECU you sent me pictures of
and the information below came from?

Thanks again,

Thomas Dorris"

let me know thomas's contact info..I live 40 min from them and actually have a spare ecu.

When I contacted them two months ago my email was replied to by just a "no sorry it wont work"....this is enlightning

valmes
21-01-2005, 03:12 PM
check your pm box...

Mante
22-01-2005, 04:26 AM
check your pm box...

Thanks to valmes I have an appointment next week with Dsmlink...this means bodywork is on hold ...again haha

Mante
27-01-2005, 11:59 PM
...gone

valmes
28-01-2005, 04:07 AM
good news! :)

-LegnumVR4-
27-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Come spring I'll check back in with Thomas to see how everything has progressed.

Any update Mante?

Mante
14-06-2005, 09:44 PM
...gone

michaeli
06-07-2005, 01:20 PM
gone...????? Mante, do you mean you've been? or the ECU's gone (stolen) or what??

Really interested in how this turns out....

Valmes, do you know any more??

Mike

Mante
08-07-2005, 11:54 PM
gone...????? Mante, do you mean you've been? or the ECU's gone (stolen) or what??

Really interested in how this turns out....

Valmes, do you know any more??

Mike

Gone as in, since its been customary for cutting end work to be placed in the "members area" instead of plain view there is no need for me to do my work and place it on this site... Information *to me* or knowledge should be given to anyone willing to learn not to those willing to pay for it..

Kieran
09-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Gone as in, since its been customary for cutting end work to be placed in the "members area" instead of plain view there is no need for me to do my work and place it on this site... Information *to me* or knowledge should be given to anyone willing to learn not to those willing to pay for it..

So you're taking the 'moral high ground' as it were and removing traces of your work from the site, both for members but also for those willing to learn.... In one neat move you alienate both parties.

Mind you, I remember the 'Realistic 360bhp (click) (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6843)' thread... Now Paul was (and still is) very willing, but you didn't feel the same back then, even though it was in the public area?

/Shrugs shoulders.........Well, if that's really how you feel, fair enough and I do see where you're coming from, but I disagree with your sentiments - and I feel a little disappointed that you feel this way.

valmes
09-07-2005, 04:10 AM
Sorry to hear that Mante. I hoped you can get info from DSMLink guys firsthand.
I wasnt a member either at the time I started this topic... and didn't feel like keeping this info all to myself.

michaeli
09-07-2005, 09:04 AM
oh for christ sake Mante... I'll pay you're f'in £20 then....

Have you completely lost the plot or what??? When you go into a shop to buy a pair of jeans, do you expect to be able to walk away from the shop with them on, WITHOUT paying for it??? NO....

Forums don't run themselves, it's a bunch of like minded people that pay a nominal fee to share knowledge and information, without it's members, there's no forum, and let's face it Mante....

DON'T BE ARROGANT ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THAT IT WAS YOU THAT FOUND OUT ABOUT THE ECU, IT WAS A MEMBER (VALMES) WHO CREATED THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU, YOU SHOULD AT LEAST FEEL ENOUGH TO GIVE HIM THE INFORMATION#

Mike

Paul Beazer
10-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Ok ladies, calm down. :love:

I do agree with K and M that it does seems a bit arrogant, whilst i agree with the "willing to learn" comments, it seems a bit harsh to deny everyone on the site the oppertunity to "learn" more for the sake of the moral high ground! :huh2:

As others have said these forums arent free to run and dont manage themselves. At the end of the day we're all here for the same reason. If all the info on this site was available to everyone FOC then the site would cease very quickly. Bandwidth isnt free y'know! I think some of us underestimate just how much goes into the smooth running of the site (me included!) and personally i think we all owe a great deal of thanks to those who give up their own free time in order to make this such a great place!

Anyway, rant over, SORT IT OUT!!!

zentac
10-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Have to kind of agree with Mante on this, If I dont renew my membership this year, why should I ben denied access to stuff in the members area, especially when Ive writen/contributed to a lot of it.

I totaly disagree with the members only area, and anyone who asks for Information in the normal area will get a reply from me if I know the answer.

If cost really is such an issue move to a cheaper server!! I dont know what the costs are for the hosting you use but look at something like www.nearlyfreespeach.net thats where I host all my sites and its dirt cheap, and never a performance issue.

enigma
10-07-2005, 07:26 PM
If I dont renew my membership this year, why should I ben denied access to stuff in the members area, especially when Ive writen/contributed to a lot of it.

If you were not a member, you would certainly not have *FREE* access to the BDA garage and/or spare parts................it does have its advantages.

The site does not run or pay for itself. At least one member is almost 4 figures down on the creation and running of the site over the last couple of years. Are you suggesting that this is OK? One person pays for everything and others just leech what they want?

Whilst I understand the sentiment of the complaint, what other logical way can we encourage people to contribute to the costs of the site if they can get everything they need for free?

At the end of the day if you are going to quibble over £20......................so be it.

KiwiTT
10-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Mante and Zentac:

This site was created by it's founders to seek and distribute information. It has altruistic beginnings, but it was decided that it was not fair to burden the ongoing running costs to them. A Committee was formed to take over the running costs of the site. We introduced membership fees to cover these costs and these were set at a level that we thought was appropriate.

For this membership you get a wealth of information other members have put together and other benefits. The commitee members determine what threads belong where based on the information they contain. It can be a quite a balancing act.

A quick look at the level of information provided in the members area, will show that a fair majority of the information provided is created by "contributing" members. These members show their enthusaism by both paying, contributing and for some managing the site.

paulmc
10-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Worth £20 to me any day. The time and effort involved running a site must be mental.

Nick Mann
10-07-2005, 11:57 PM
We are all enthusiasts.
We all benefit.
We can all afford £20.

It's not like this is a massive profit making scheme!

Spirit
11-07-2005, 07:05 AM
It's not like this is a massive profit making scheme!

Correct ! Indeed any profit that is made on anything (e.g merchandise) is ploughed back into the club pot.

d3x
11-07-2005, 11:35 AM
just to add my pennies worth...

At first I did think it was a bit annoying that all the juicy stuff was hidden from non-members but 20 quid is not hard to come by. Think about it this way, that's one good takeaway meal, or an afternoon in the pub (if your alone that is! :embarasse ), or half a tank of petrol!!!! (should last about a mile)

It's all relative, 20 quid a year for exclusive content does not seem high at all when you keep everything in perspective. If I had more time and money on my hands I would no doubt spend all my cash on the car, using information obtained via this forum. After all, got some great ideas that just need the nod from 'her who reads the bank statements and shouts accordingly'

I can understand Mantes objections but he's taking it a little out of proportion and reacting like a teenager.

If you join any club and contribute, membership renewal will always be required whether you have personal contributions or not.

valmes
11-07-2005, 01:04 PM
DSMLink is a great option... once it becomes available for our cars.
Yet Trust/Greddy made a good piggyback even better and most of the features are now available here, on a new e-manage Ultimate :):

Front Panel

Toggle Switch (Dip) - 2 independent setting can now be stored and accessed via the “Toggle Switch.” 2 separate maps for the “Injection Adjustment Map” and the “Ignition Map.” (For Rotary engines, 2 separate “Primary and Secondary Injector Maps” and “Leading & Trailing Ignition Maps.”) i.e. one program for “street” and one for “race track”.
Serial Port - External data (like “GReddy Warning Meters”, and other future optional products) can be monitored and recorded in real time through a data link cable.
Switch Port - “Data logging” and “Ignition Cut” features can be activated with the use of an optional “Remote Switching System” and “Switching Harness”
Option 1 & Option 2 - An additional “Option Connector” is added to the previous “Pressure Connector.” Now any two Options (like “GReddy Pressure Sensor”, “GReddy Temp Sensor,” “Multi-Switching System,” A/F Meter, Auxiliary Switch, Factory Pressure Sensor, or Other Analog Input signal) can be selected using the “Option 1” and/or “Option 2 “ ports.
USB Port - e-Manage is industry first to adapt the USB communication technology. We have improved communication with ability to use standard USB cables. This improvement also enhances the communication speed for more detailed real time monitoring and data recording.

Rear Panel

Because of new Features, there are now 3 “Harness Connectors” (sold separately). The 18-pin and 12-pin connectors and the signal pins are identical to the previous e-manage system, while a new 14-pin connector was added for new features. Additional “Vehicle Specific Plug-in Harness” may also be available for certain applications.

Circuit Board

Many Optional Adapters, which previously need to be purchased separately, are now built-in. The internal circuit board contains 20 “Jumper Switches” to accommodate (previously separate) features, including:
Mazda Hotwire Airflow Meter Adapter
Ignition Signal Adapter Socket (Ignition Signal Adapter 1 & 2)

Parameter Setting
- The biggest change to this system is in the “Parameter Setting” window. With all the added features, the window is now in a tab menu format.

Speed Limiter Cut Feature - This feature will eliminate the factory speed limiter. (May not work on some vehicles)
Throttle Setting - Any voltage can be inputted directly to set the throttle position.
Warning Setting - “e-manage Ultimate” can illuminate the Active LED. as a warning light for RPM and/or one additional parameter from the menu, by selecting and setting a warning point value (or an unused “I/J CH” can be used to activate a relay to illuminate an external warning light).
Ignition Cut Feature - With the installation of a switch (in the “ON” position), ignition can be cut at a set RPM point
Map Trace
Protect Feature - Each Map has the option to be password protected
A/T Shift Compensation Feature - On vehicles with Automatic Transmissions, ignition timing can be compensated at set shift-up and shift-down points
Channel Change Feature - Vehicles with a distributor type ignition system may able to use group fire or individual ignition systems (Replacement parts and modifications to the wire harness is required) Also, Group injection systems may be changed to sequential injection (Modifications to the wire harness is required).

Map's

Airflow Output Map - Previously labeled “Airflow Adjustment Map” is now “Airflow Output Map”. This can now be used to eliminate the factory airflow meter. This is done by directly inputting voltage or frequency in to this map.
Anti Engine Stall Feature - The 8 adjustment cells are now upgraded to 16 cells, for even finer adjustment.
Injection Adjustment Map - Fuel trimming in the previous system was achieved by adjusting the “Airflow Adjustment Map” which could also affect the ignition timing. The improved “Injection Adjustment Map” is used to trim and add fuel directly by controlling the injector signal, therefore it will not affect the ignition timing at all. (However with an internal jumper setting change, the system is still able to trim the fuel by adjusting the airflow signal like the previous unit)
Acceleration Injection Map - Like the “Injection Adjustment Map”, the “Acceleration Injection Map” can trim fuel by controlling the injector signal. This is used if it is necessary to smooth rapid transitions to wide open throttle.
Individual Cylinder Injection Adj. & Individual Cylinder Ignition Adj. Maps - It is possible to correct uneven combustion between cylinders, by fine tuning each individual cylinder for more advanced tuning.
Vehicle Speed Correction Map - Inconsistencies due to differences in vehicle speed (difference in load) can be corrected with this map.
Coolant Temp Correction Map (Must be Selected with Knock Signal 1) - When the ECU Coolant Temp Calibration does not match the e-manage’s tuning, this map is used to tune the system at various temperature ranges.
Intake Air Temp Correction Map (Must be Selected with Knock Signal 2) - When the ECU Intake Air Temp Calibration does not match the e-manage’s tuning, this map is used to tune the system at various temperature ranges. This map is also be used when eliminating the airflow meter on a vehicle equipped with a hotwire type airflow meter.
Rev Limiter Cut - For vehicles with a fuel cutting controlled rev limiter, this feature will drive the injectors past the factory rev limiter. *This feature will not work on vehicles with rev limiter controlled by ignition cut.
A/F Target Value Map (feedback tuning function) - By inputting target Air Fuel values in this map, “e-mange Ultimate” will automatically make corrections to the “Injection Map,” if an A/F meter (*high quality) is connected to the Auxiliary Output signal. This feature can shorten the tuning time.
Ignition Adjustment Map - The “Ignition Adjustment Map” can accurately advance ignition timing by controlling the crank angle / cam angle signal.
Acceleration Ignition Map - Ignition timing can also be corrected for a rapid change in the throttle opening rate for a smoother transition into wide open throttle.
NVCS Control Map - NVCS (Nissan Valve Control System) can be controlled with out the need for NVCS Adapter 1.
Analog Output Map - This feature can be used to eliminate the factory boost cut function on vehicles that are equipped with both an airflow meter and a pressure sensor (i.e.: FC3S, Subaru). Also, on some vehicles, the factory feedback range can be adjusted by outputting a corrected throttle position signal.
Auxiliary Output Map - The fixed 4x4 map on the previous unit is now a fully adjustable 16x16 map. Set your own "ON" and "OFF" conditions.
Idle Stabilization Map - If the factory idle control valve is a solenoid type valve, this map can vary the valve’s duration to adjust the injection rate. This is used when eliminating the airflow meter.

Other Added Features

RPM Signal Recognition Improved RPM signal. If the standard RPM signal wire cannot be used, an RPM signal can be recognized though a crank angle / cam angle signal. With an internal jumper setting, the system can even recognize RPM from the negative signal of the ignition coil.
Fouled Plug Feature - When initiated this feature can help clean fouled spark plugs by cutting the injector’s firing at start up. To fix the fouled plug start the engine with wide-open throttle.

Data Log Features

Data Logging - Samplings can be recorded at 20msec on up to different 8 channels on the unit itself and over 30 when using the included software. The data can be recorded even when the PC is not connected.
TEXT File Feature - The data recorded in the Real Time Display mode can now be save as TEXT file. Organizing the data can simplified by opening the data in Excel and creating a graph.
Knock Monitor (Future update) - Knock can be monitored and reviewed.
Ignition Timing Display (Future update) - Ignition Timing can be monitored in the Real Time Display mode.

valmes
11-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Hmmm... lots of unreadable text up there... /Hmmm
To sum it up...
I will probably go for Ultimate e-manage (while I wait for DSMLink to become available for our platform ;) ).

- It can finally monitor knock...
- It can be used to get rid of stock MAF and use Trust/Greddy pressure sensor instead...
- It can use wideband input to fine tune your target A/F ratios...
- Rev limiter removal? Not sure if it will work on our cars... but its possible.
- Speed limiter removal - I use Apexi RSM for this... but for many it will be a good feature :)

zentac
11-07-2005, 07:28 PM
I havn`t got a problem paying the £20, I am a member of a number of clubs and am happy to pay the membership of them all what I disagree with is the hiding of information that I may have supplied, hence the statement that I will offer help and advice to anyone who posts up a question.

Mante
11-07-2005, 10:16 PM
its no real point to address every single person that decided to chime in, so to sum it all up. The way things are done here, like zentac mentioned any information that I may discover regarding the 6a13 will be moved to the members only area. Thats how it is..being moral and taking the "high" road....ahh okay /pan

I couldnt forget how I came across dsmlink, nor would I try to deny it..respect is given when its due. Valmes that is..

all in all there is an additional page of whining about my actions all in response for a 3 line entry, instead of talkin about this maybe...talk about the car.....hmm yea thats what this site was ment for.

the 20... there is no need to think i may need financial help for it..

-Sites do not run themselves, true
-forum admins/mods dont get pay checks...true
-fee's to pay for bandwith,,false (no more then 2000 members, how many are active,,,,guestimate of 200)

sharing knowledge should be done for the love of the car and not if you fit a criteria..

I think I read somewhere that I "gained so much" well, truth be told..I really didnt...when I really really needed help there was noooo response. There is a complaint about withholding info about dsmlink...jeez thats a chip of the iceberg...thats only the engine management depart. Its only a few of people here willing to do something to there car that is not a bolt on...lil /help here

Lastly I do know how much it costs to run/maintain/upgrade etc if you didnt know Im a moderator at thegalantcenter.net...6000 members roughly 4200 active ones no issues with bandwith, people make donations nothing is forced or implied. I came here just becuase you guys would know more of what Im going through but more and more I hear about certain threads in the members only area, turns my stomach..

valmes
12-07-2005, 02:39 AM
Ok... I don't mind paying to support this site and VR4 community... but I also don't think that threads started in "open to all area" should be moved to "members only area"... just my opinion. /Hmmm

Special offers, easy to find references, articles in "Members only" is ok, but still this is what this site is for - for sharing information. I guess if more people(non members) find it helpful, more will join(become members) out of gratitude... :chugchug:

We've gone way off topic... /Steeringw

BraindG
12-07-2005, 08:32 AM
-fee's to pay for bandwith,,false (no more then 2000 members, how many are active,,,,guestimate of 200)

Bull, we are currently using nearly 12gb a month in bandwidth (and increasing by the day). Recently the site was shutdown by the host company cos we exceded bandwidth (10GB) we had to pay, yes pay.... to increase our bandwidth and get CVR4 back online. If you know something i don't then please tell me, as i would be oh so interested how you know more about CVR4 than me... k, thnx.

Lastly I do know how much it costs to run/maintain/upgrade etc if you didnt know Im a moderator at thegalantcenter.net...6000 members roughly 4200 active ones no issues with bandwith, people make donations nothing is forced or implied. I came here just becuase you guys would know more of what Im going through but more and more I hear about certain threads in the members only area, turns my stomach..

We are hitting 6000 hits a month, which isnt that much in comparison to the galantcenter site, however for us its pretty damn good. Hosting in America is way way cheaper that the UK, perhaps you should compare prices before coming up with statements like yours.

When we set up the committee we sat down, and discussed what was best for the club, we came up with the current scope. As yet I/we have not heard of any complaints nor grumbles. Seems the only grumble is from someone who is a bit pissed off cos he has to pay for something he gets for free elsewhere.. I'd love to be in your positiion, 4200 active members! donations! yes, sir-eeeee. However we live on a small island and have around 200/250 active members, a far cry from your super Uber 4200 active members. I spent a fortune on setting up this Club, and it could not have continued if we had not done what we decided to do. Please bear this in mind before throwing your toys out of the cot.

michaeli
12-07-2005, 08:54 AM
We've gone way off topic... /Steeringw

I agree with Valmes, we have gone way off topic but it does raise some issues for another thread though (not in the members section...LOL)

As for Mante, I am proud of anyone sticking to their beliefs :thumbsup:

you think it is wrong to be forced to become a member because we shoudl share information freely... so why are you refusing to share the information with not only the satanist CVR4 Members, but Valmes... :inquisiti

What has Valmes done wrong to deserve not sharing the information that he helped you find?? Is it because he may share the information with us and don't you think that you're being extremely childish? /Hmmm

You have made your feelings known, you should share the information Valmes though.... :thumbsup:

Mike

valmes
12-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Hey Mike, thanks... but I am ok :) ... Really...
I can get in contact with DSMLink guys directly... or anyone for that matter...
Hopefully this will solve the problem...

michaeli
12-07-2005, 10:07 AM
I like your style Valmes... Nice one :thumbsup:

While everyone else is losing their temper, Valmes keeps cool... Good luck :thumbsup:

zentac
12-07-2005, 11:24 PM
We are hitting 6000 hits a month, which isnt that much in comparison to the galantcenter site, however for us its pretty damn good. Hosting in America is way way cheaper that the UK, perhaps you should compare prices before coming up with statements like yours.

That not really a valid argument is it? If its cheaper to host in america.... then bloody host in america!!!!! This is the internet, countries have no borders on here.... go for the cheapest option. Most of my sites that Ive developed over the years are hosted in america.

BraindG
13-07-2005, 08:10 AM
That not really a valid argument is it? If its cheaper to host in america.... then bloody host in america!!!!!

WHAT!? no, i won't BLOODY host in america.

d3x
13-07-2005, 10:04 AM

calm, calm, think palm trees, gentle streams flowing to the sounds of gentle music... :inquisiti

WildCards
13-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I'd pay just to come on here and chat to people, the fact that there aren't many active members is good i think. Everyone seems to know everyone, everyone is friendly and you get a good atmosphere, with 4200 active members, like other forums i've been on you don't get much by way of banter, just pockets of members having their own private discussion.
The content of the jokes section is worth £20 IMO. I realise i haven't yet become a member, but that's because i'm lazy, i will when i get around to it.

Sorry it's off topic, but i like to get my two penneth in!

d3x
13-07-2005, 12:50 PM
please note: from now on all my jokes are being published in the members only section.. :leer:

WildCards
13-07-2005, 12:51 PM
please note: from now on all my jokes are being published in the members only section.. :leer:

Better get me wallet out then!

d3x
13-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Better get me wallet out then!

watch out for the low flying moths!!

zentac
13-07-2005, 06:55 PM

Why? If your using 12Gb bandwith and the site is about 3Gb in size then it would cost you $15 per month on www.nearlyfreespeach.net , one persons membership would keep the site running for 3 months!

How much is it currently costing to keep the site up per month?

Paul Beazer
13-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Stop it..... :thumbsup:

d3x
14-07-2005, 09:49 AM
couldn't resist... :happy:

Mante
17-07-2005, 04:44 PM

If an alternative is produced in the U.S that could save the site money as well as time is not going to be considered then DONT COMPLAIN when I dont pay the fee's

In essence your complaint is exactly like mine..haha think about that. Richard just gave one alternative...lets see how far that goes

Kieran
17-07-2005, 04:51 PM
This really isn't going anywhere. Mante, Barry, Richard, et al. We've all made our points and I think it's probably wise that we agree to disagree here. /yes

Now, back on topic - does anyone else have a picture of a Stock VR-4 ECU? :scholar:

DUNLY
17-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I have to agree here that £20 is fek all, considering all the help/info/banter and time/effort is put into the site, then i do believe there is discounts when you become a member, so £20 for all this. I think anyone that has a real problem with this should stick there head up there arse!

My application form and cheque are now in an envelope, and getting posted soon as.

as for a stock VR4-ECU, nope, could get u a pic of a pentium 133 processor if u want got an old box in the loft? since there almost prehistoric! /Hmmm na i didnt think so! lol

Spirit
17-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Okay, I for one have tried to stay out of this as I am all in favour of people airing their views.

Please can we now get this thread back on topic or it will be closed. Thank you :thumbsup:

Paul C
18-10-2006, 05:31 PM
other than arguing did anything ever come of this?