PDA

View Full Version : ABS Error codes - should I investigate any further?

Jesus-Ninja
28-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Got the following codes on the ABS system:

21 wheel fast sensor (FR) systematic 35B- 5
22 wheel fast sensor (FL) systematic 35B- 5
23 wheel fast sensor (RR) systematic 35B- 5
24 wheel fast sensor (RL) systematic 35B- 5

Codes from the flashing light, descriptions from Dave's thread here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?22930-diagnostic-codes-complete-set&highlight=abs+error+codes

Car is fine, and there's nor warning lights, so I'm not overly concerned. Everything seems to work OK, and these are the only codes I'm left with.

Davezj
28-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Sounds like you have had something lime an ecu disconnected recently, to through up all 4 wheel sensor issue.

But you have changed your ayc pump recently so you would have had to bleed the system.
If you have done the car up in the air, engine running car in gear, air bleed by turning the steering wheel one way then the other and getting the clutch packs in the diff to engage on one side then the other. It can confuse the abs system, as all 4 wheels are spinning at the same time with no grip on any wheel.

Jesus-Ninja
28-05-2012, 04:48 PM
I bled the system, but I just splice into the AYC loom and operate the pump and solenoids from the battery to bleed it. No scary 4 wheels in the air for me!

What's the way to clear it?

EDIT: It may be of note that the battery gets disconnected fairly regularly.

Gly
29-05-2012, 01:06 AM
the abs codes will clear (automatically) once the car is driven if there is no fault.