PDA

View Full Version : Smokin !!

Big Ian
23-12-2004, 06:06 PM
my car has only been parked up since saturday...and today (1 hr ago) i thought "i'm going to take you out"
i was standing next to my car when i started it and.....witt the FFFek!! cloud of smoke appear's from my duel's,not just a small puff..were talkin a big cloud and when i gave it a rev it kept coming for a few sec's?

am i looking at just crap in the exhaust,worn oil or O-sh!t ive got something worn?
my wife recons it in a huff as ive been using the astra! (that's women for yae :laugh: )

PS..it gave a dampish rev when i rev'd it for the first time?

Nick VR4
23-12-2004, 07:59 PM
It maybe have just been like steam depending on the temp outside

you could have condensation in the pipes and the heat caused it ????

Kieran
23-12-2004, 08:17 PM
It maybe have just been like steam depending on the temp outside

you could have condensation in the pipes and the heat caused it ????

I think this'll be it.... Condensate in the exhausts getting blown out.... When Dave and I fitted my fujitsubo, the packing wool in the silencer was a bit damp from standing and took a while to dry, giving off clouds of white smoke/steam as it did so.

Big Ian
23-12-2004, 09:01 PM
i'm hopin at the worst it's just old oil ,as from the smell..it smelt like oil?
i'll give it a flush,new fillter and oil in the morning,as ive took the life of the oil a bit further than i normally do.
it reminded me of a CVH engine when the valve stem oil seal's start seaping and you get a puff of smoke on start up.

Dan_G
23-12-2004, 10:04 PM
If you say it smelt like burnt oil, it probably was.

yeah, my old granada with 2.0l pinto engine started doing this until I changed the valve stem oil seals.... just annoying more than anything....

but thats just cars really...... they love to be driven otherwise they get moody.... I'm sure I can find a comparison between women somewhere in that, but it eludes me for the moment ;)

like to be serviced regularly? or something :lipsrseal

I'll shut up now

Big Ian
24-12-2004, 08:57 PM
well i'll check it for smoke? in a few day's (christmas mode now in place :D )ive just flushed & changed the oil (under the cover of darkness and a torch!) and fitted a new filter.....i dont feel there is anything to worry about,as the dip stick was sittin "bang on the level" before i changed it ;)
aint it amazing how a flush and a change of semi makes the engine "Sooo quiet" or "sweet" (as the ned's say)