PDA

View Full Version : VR4 fogs

ritch_w
23-12-2004, 10:46 PM
what are the extra lights for next to the foglamps?

how are they switched on????

Nick VR4
23-12-2004, 10:49 PM
They work when you use the indicators

I had my re-wired so all 4 are on looks wicked

Nick Mann
23-12-2004, 11:41 PM
As Nick said - indicate with your lights on and they look round the corner for you!

ritch_w
28-12-2004, 01:26 PM
cant get mine to work - must be disabled???

tried indicating with lights on, fogs on etc etc.....

Kieran
28-12-2004, 01:31 PM
cant get mine to work - must be disabled???

tried indicating with lights on, fogs on etc etc.....

Is yours a Ralliart one? I have a feeling that the Ralliart ones had them disabled - probably because of concerns over whether they'd get through an MOT?

ritch_w
28-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Is yours a Ralliart one? I have a feeling that the Ralliart ones had them disabled - probably because of concerns over whether they'd get through an MOT?

yes its a ralliart - so that probably figures with them being disabled.....

i might wire them up to working fogs :-b

adam_shaw
28-12-2004, 02:23 PM
mines ralliart, and I have them working with the indicators.

Quite handy actually when driving on the left, as when you want to turn they light up pavement and junction :-b

But it is a couple years older,

A

Kieran
28-12-2004, 04:53 PM
mines ralliart, and I have them working with the indicators.

Quite handy actually when driving on the left, as when you want to turn they light up pavement and junction :-b

But it is a couple years older,

A

Hmm.... I wonder if yours is an 'Official' Ralliart one, or one that a particular dealer imported from japan and stuck ralliart badges on... I think some where done like this? :undecided

adam_shaw
28-12-2004, 04:57 PM
I don't know.

It got Ralliart labels all over the place, in the fuel filler, the airbag warnings and the service book.

But, a difference could be the whole Ralliart UK/Xtreme/Colt Car Company thing... that would be somewhere between the two cars?

If a VR4 is a car you can love, it's the little quirky differences that'll set yours apart from another

Hmmm, searching for a metaphor there.

Coat is got :)

A

Spirit
28-12-2004, 06:17 PM
They work on mine too ;) - maybe they were re-connected ? Don't know why they would be an issue on an MOT as they are fine for an SVA test and these are very strict now.

Nick Mann
28-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Adam - yours is an official UK Ralliart car, I'd put money on it.

ritch_w - check that there are bulbs there - my old one was missing them! Just simple standard bayonet fitment.

ritch_w
29-12-2004, 12:24 PM
ritch_w - check that there are bulbs there - my old one was missing them! Just simple standard bayonet fitment.

I'll check it out once it stops raining - which will probably be april 2005!!!! :-D