PDA

View Full Version : So, who wants to test SD? (Speed Density, MAP based tuning)

Kenneth
31-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Title pretty much says it all.

Get yourself very familiar with the following thread (Have linked to a particular page because it has the spreadsheet needed): http://www.geekmapped.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1945&page=4
If you ask questions that are answered in that thread, I probably won't answer them. Sorry, just getting cranky in my old age :(

I have done the same implementation as Ceddy. Andy is happy for us to use his spreadsheet, so it might pay to do so.

You will need everything setup before starting. You will need the ECU mods I have just done to log proper 10bit values for the spare ADC input, though if you use the 8 bit and times by 4 you can roughly get a VE table setup before going.

As always, all care and no responsibility. It might not work, but then it might too. :P

Kenneth
31-05-2012, 08:13 AM
P.S. Personally I am probably not going to use SD. I don't see it really has any advantage over a good MAF setup (and I am informed they are being used to at least 700hp)

wintertidenz
31-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Do the autos have the spare inputs to allow this?

I would only go to MAP because of the VTA BOV I have, and so that I can put in proper piping from the turbos without having to bother with the Y pipe. But if the autos don't have the inputs, it's a waste of time for me.

Confused
31-05-2012, 08:55 AM
I knew this would come about after I'd already purchased a MAP-ECU! ;)

foxdie
31-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi Ken,

I realise this is in its infancy, but is there the possibility of using both together as per the later Evos?

My thinking is, it's not always a perfect relationship between ECU Load and manifold pressure, what I would like to do is keep the MAF for economy / cruise and use the MAP for sport / racing (maybe implementable with switchable maps? should be possible to put this into the bitmask switches for each map, run on either MAF or MAP).

Hopefully with both we can have the best of both worlds, economy and accurate manifold pressure metering :)

Kenneth
31-05-2012, 09:32 AM
The facility to switch between is already implemented in the map switching. (It will be switched in the mods setup bits section)

foxdie
31-05-2012, 09:41 AM
The facility to switch between is already implemented in the map switching. (It will be switched in the mods setup bits section)

Did I tell you how much I love you? :sweethear

c0xxy
27-01-2014, 11:54 PM
can i bump this thread while there is so much talk on intake improvements?

Kenneth has kindly sent me his rom to try and put together a ve table, and trying i have... probably not too successfully.

this is what i have so far, completely untuned map, factory boost. killing me.
this is from logs of mostly cruising about, no proper power pulls atm.
up to 108kpa,6000rpm is where iv'e smoothed so far, i'l do the higher kpa bits when i do some more logs

Admittedly, before this i've done no ecu tuning so am feeling well and truly in the deep end.

i've been using evoscan to log

gm 3bar map sensor on
02 sensor 2, request id1 3c + request id2 3d, with function x*0.3014 taken from the rom. pretty sure this is some where near, shows 98ish kpa ignition on, engine off
and
ecuload

i'm then doing load/kpa=ve%

using a modified version of the table in the above linked thread (4000 entries instead of 300 in the hope for better results) i produced 3 different tables from 3 different logs and then averaged them to make a fuller 4th and used these values for the ve% table in ecuflash.

to smooth the values, i used a bit guess work (remove random low/high values) and followed the pattern from the evo ve% table on ceddy's site.

i know my next steps are to sort the part of the table over 108kpa but i'm curios as to why the few values i have so far are all less than 100?

hoping some more people will jump on with this,

ash

Mr.Salas
15-09-2015, 01:36 AM
Hi guys

Any success with SD?