PDA

View Full Version : Scary!

Roadrunner
24-12-2004, 12:25 AM
There I was, barrelling along the A90 dual-carriageway between Dundee and Perth this evening, pi$$ing rain, outside lane, sitting at 70 ;) and passing everything when *CLUNK* - and the wipers parked themselves upright! :scared1: Feck!!

Drove into Perth and stopped at a petrol station so I could have a look in decent light and under shelter. Couldn't see anything obvious, but reckon the bolt or ball joint that connects the wiper motor to the wipers has sheared (or worn away). Wot to do? Remembering a recent post about Rain-X ;) I decided to keep going (well, 90 miles from home, night time, raining, easy decision ...) - it was remarkably easy to see through the wet screen, as long as speed was above 60. Car's now in the shop and I've got a Vol - Vlov - Vovl - some Swedish diesel cr@p to run about in (but at least the wipers work! :-D )

Spirit
24-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Had that happen to me years ago in a Granada in the outside lane near Bristol doing about 80mph - scared the absolute cr*p out of me trying to cut across two lanes and not being able to see a thing - luckily I fixed it on the hard shoulder and continued

Glad you were ok Brian mate !

i3ooyah
24-12-2004, 12:40 AM
that would of scared the **** out of me if it happend yesterday

it was raining so hard that i pulled over & decided to get lunch & waited for the rain to dye down

colVR4
24-12-2004, 07:26 PM
had a similar thing happen to me when the drivers side wiper on my MGB fell off. I had to park on the hard shoulder and walk back to see if I could find it. Thankfully the dual-carriageway that I was on wasn't very busy and I managed to find it again.

Just part of the fun of owning a vintage car!!!