PDA

View Full Version : Front Camber

frankoni
31-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi all, after having a blow out yesterday I replaced both front tyres at ATS .The tyre which blew out had serious wear on the inside, infact the radials were visible!!!! After the tyres were replaced I asked them to do 4wheel tracking and camber, the bloke told me that the camber was out but he couldn't adjust it !!!

What should the front camber be set at ???

Does anyone know where I can get the camber sorted out before my new tyres wear out ??

horndog
31-05-2012, 11:06 PM
A search on "Camber settings" brings up this thread

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?49259-Four-wheel-alignment-query&highlight=caster+settings

Is your car lowered?

Gly
31-05-2012, 11:21 PM
only way to adjust it is with aftermarket upper arm adjustable bushes,

and even then theres next to no clearance in the strut tower so you will more than likely need to grind metal away from the end for the a-arm,

frankoni
01-06-2012, 03:56 AM
A search on "Camber settings" brings up this thread

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?49259-Four-wheel-alignment-query&highlight=caster+settings

Is your car lowered?

Hello mate, no my cars not lowered....

frankoni
01-06-2012, 04:00 AM
only way to adjust it is with aftermarket upper arm adjustable bushes,

and even then theres next to no clearance in the strut tower so you will more than likely need to grind metal away from the end for the a-arm,

hello mate, so reading your reply, the camber cannot be set ??

Gly
01-06-2012, 04:06 AM
nope, not adjustable in anyway from factory

frankoni
01-06-2012, 06:39 AM
nope, not adjustable in anyway from factory

Ahh nice one, that's all I needed to know, that's another job done, cheers for the replys chaps

Louis
02-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Would be worth checking why the camber is out and by how much, both sides or one side!.
It should be correct as there is no adjustment!, from factory.
The inners will wear more than rear wheel drive car due to the 4wd.
But tracking, toe in, being out will also cause inner wear.

Nick Mann
03-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Inner tyre wear on the front is almost always down to a bit of play in a ball joint. I am pretty sure that when the car gets to speed any play in ball joints allows the front wheels to toe out slightly, causing massive inner edge wear. I think it is a symptom of the passive caster(?) system the car seems to have on the bottom wishbone. Certainly, I have solved issues on cars where the rack end (Also called tie rod or track rod) has a very small amount of play in it. Changing that part and re-setting the tracking solved the issue.