PDA

View Full Version : Double Din sat nav, dvd, ect unit

adaxo
31-05-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm currently on the market looking for nice double din multimedia unit, question is, any one could advise me what is good, what is bad?? main thing what its need to had is sat nav (european), ability to add rear screen and play cartons for kid, so what's trends are nowadays???

I used various pioneer single din units for past decade and I'm very happy with overall quality, sound quality and settings, I see that pioneer had in their offer double din units but got not clue what is better than other series (hd 1,2,3 d3, F900,910,930 f series, ect) or maybe china copy are good now and pretty much do the same job for half price?? or others established makes are worth consider??

My budget is around 300£ for second hand unit.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

swinks
31-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Pioneer Avic F series all the way. Got 910BT with few updates and hacks here and very happy.

MarkSanne
01-06-2012, 09:22 AM
I've been using 2DIN Pioneer AVIC-HD1BT / HD3 headunits in both the Galant & Legnum until one got stolen. Recently bought a JVC KW-NT30 2DIN sat nav, DVD, bluetooth phone, bluetooth audiostreaming, mp3, usb, SD-slot, rear view camera, connectors for amps, sub, rear view monitors, etc, etc. So very similar to the Pioneer ones. I don't know if you can split functions between front and a rear display (like I can and have / use with the Pioneer). E.g. listening radio and using sat nav in front and playing a DVD movie on the rear seat display (with sound via IR headphones). The JVC does a good job and the pairing with iphones/ipods and probably other (android) phones works great (even better than the Pioneer). The sound quality is good, yet the Pioneer is slightly better. In pure SQ terms I'd give the JVC an 7.5 - 8 and the pioneer a 8.5 - 9 (yes it's that good). I've recently upgraded the Pioneer with new software and new sat nav maps so it's basically now an AVIC-HD3/BT with august 2010 maps which are the most recent. If the price for new comparable Poineers was better I'd go for Pioneer again, but the JVC doesn't dissapoint at all yet it's much more affordable.

adaxo
01-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Thanks for inputs, mentioned JVC looks promising and detachable panel could be useful but is above £500 new and lack of second hand units make them slightly to expensive for me, about pioneer, Swinks suggest 'F' series but is fairly few pioneer units with 'F' in model nr, is the matter of soft define model nr and that soft could be changed??
I prefer look of HD series due to fact that they had control buttons below screen compared to 'F' series which got knob/buttons on the left side of the unit which makes them looks odd in RHD cars.

Swinks could you be more specific why you chose 'F' series instead of 'HD' or 'D'

listening radio and using sat nav in front and playing a DVD movie on the rear seat display

that is the MAIN feature what I'm after (miss 'terms'):rulez: