PDA

View Full Version : evo 8 flywheel and act clutch fitted

hbkuk1
04-06-2012, 05:56 PM
hi all
managed to get an evo 8 clutch fitted to my vr4 with the use of one of nicks plates all working well but what a nightmare job hardest one i have done for sure anyway clutch is abit snachy hopfully that will bed in alittle
the one problem i do have is bleeding the clutch anyone had probs with this before? its bled now but doesnt really perform likr it should/did is there any tips for this?

cheers

R

Nick Mann
04-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Vacuum bleeding has always helped for me. The other way I have done it when vacuum assistance was not available was to wedge the release fork so it couldn't move, then do a two man bleed as per brakes - open bleed, depress pedal, close bleed, lift pedal, repeat....

The snatchiness (Not sure if that is a word!) depends a lot on which clutch you have gone for. It seems that in general, the more uprated, the more snatchy.

TAR
04-06-2012, 08:12 PM
make sure you let the clutch bed in before doing any launches or else you will be quickly replacing it again.

:happy:

hbkuk1
04-06-2012, 08:30 PM
I will let it bed in before launching there's alittle vibration too which had eased abit hopefully that will go away with bedding, as for slave cylinder I've bleed it all ways and it's still not right