PDA

View Full Version : idiots guide on removing (and fitting)

Scanny
05-06-2012, 09:49 PM
bumpers
sideskirts
spats
headlights
tailgate
wings
wing mirrors

all must be left intact and fully functional with regards to wiring etc

sampsulo
05-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Add dashboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scanny
05-06-2012, 10:08 PM
i dont think i will need it although i would like the fog light switches moved across from the V6 to VR4

aboo
05-06-2012, 10:09 PM
All very simple. I will give you a run through it tomorrow./yes

Scanny
05-06-2012, 10:14 PM
thanks Andy. the good thing is i have a whole car to practise on. just remember that this is just the start. i want to keep a few spare parts if they fit the VR4. i dont know what though since no one bothered answering my post:huh:

Wobble
05-06-2012, 10:16 PM
in essence all are very easy to do , as soon as you take one item off it allows better access to the other .

remove grill to get access to the 10mm nuts on the lights ( 4 i think),
10mm nuts for wings top and in wheel arch 3 top to in arch and one behind light i think,
front bumper 10mm nuts and clips easy when lights and wings are off you will see where the clips are.
wing mirror remove tweeter cover and tweeter , 3 screws i think to release mirror as one unit
side skirts are cliped in place with screws either end and bottom of wheel arch .
not sure of rear bumper as never taken one off.

am sure someone will be along to say how many screws and where ect for certain , cant really remember off hand

Scanny
05-06-2012, 10:23 PM
i have never broken a car before or removed any parts so this will all be new to me. i am hoping to do it all myself although i may have reinforcements on standby as i cant have the VR4 sitting in bits

hardarse
06-06-2012, 02:09 PM
sideskirts from front to back there is either screws or bolts and if the ones dont unscrew just pull down hard.

Scanny
06-06-2012, 09:46 PM
fascia. the wood effect cover up is awful so i am donating the dark grey from the V6

c0xxy
06-06-2012, 10:07 PM
kieran did a brilliant guide for removing that. its in the articles or resources section

aboo
06-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Yep he did. Here you go Richie. http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?3293-Kieran-s-guide-to-removing-the-centre-console-panels

Wobble
06-06-2012, 10:15 PM
put in gear if auto , use a screw driver to gently pry under the gear lever surround , use a cloth to stop it marking, pull it up and towards you .
remove ashtray put hand in and pull it so the bottom releases 1st , be careful as the ac ect is still connected , reach round back and disconnect ac bits and ciggy lighter.
for the grill at the top again pull it being carful of the hazard warning button .

edit , forgot there was that guide Andy .

Scanny
06-06-2012, 10:20 PM
this job has been made easier on the VR4 as there is nothing at all where the stereo goes. the sunglasses holder is now housing an Apexi......thing! and the ashtray has been replaced with a turbo timer/boost gauge

that reminds me, the arm rest and cup holder/cubby hole behind the gearstick needs swapping too. the interior isnt very tidy at all. fortunately i happen to have an immaculate replacement for anything inside the car

BillHardy
06-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Didnt realise you got the VR4 yet Richie,when did you collect?

Scanny
06-06-2012, 11:08 PM
today Bill. i got her home at 8pm after a trip to Andys workshop to sort out a sticking caliper

aboo
06-06-2012, 11:10 PM
A bloody wet workshop/yes If anyone is wandering my aviator show my car parked in my workshop:)

Scanny
07-06-2012, 09:09 PM
seats are done and the covers are now fitted properly. the custom car mats are fitted too. unfortunately i ran out of time but i have discovered a tear in the roof which is like the same material as a baby changing mat so we have a couple of things to add to the list

pillar trims (suggestions on spraying matt black too please)
roof trim

aboo
07-06-2012, 09:40 PM
I noticed the tear above the back seats when I was looking at the roof line from the passenger seat but wasn't sure cause there is a couple of button type things ether side. Thought it may be another one.

As I said yesterday I haven't seen a roof line like that before & I wasn't impressed with it. You could swap the V6 one over. What colour is the roof liner in the V6?

Scanny
07-06-2012, 09:51 PM
the colour is the same but the material is different. i dont like the roof liner in the VR4 at all. i changed all the interior lights last night and the rear light housing is damaged. it looks like a couple of screws but its annoying to see the interior in such a state. i can see me swapping the whole lot!