PDA

View Full Version : Electric mirrors not working

top_muff
10-06-2012, 08:31 PM
But my radio still is. Any ideas folks? Theyre not folding or moving which make me think its not the switch. I read in other posts that the same fuse does the radio too.

On a seperate issue, my aircon fan has a wobbly bearing so sounds terrible on startup and shut down. Does the fan off other models fit or is it a vr4 specific item?

alan
10-06-2012, 08:36 PM
can you hear the motors trying to move the mirrors,mine were stiff when i first had it but a good wiggle around and some cleaner and a bit of wd40 later and they have worked ever since

top_muff
10-06-2012, 08:45 PM
No such luck, no sounds at all. Thing is they were definitely folding and working last week, they stopped all of a sudden.

aboo
10-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Have you had a lot of rain? The don't seem to like the rain.

I would still try what Alan has said. Mine do this & you don't hear the motors until you give them a gentle push/pull depending what position they are in. (Waiting for the dirty comments/yes)

Humpty's Revenge
10-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Mine do this & you don't hear the motors until you give them a gentle push/pull depending what position they are in.

/Hmmm very tempting??

aboo
10-06-2012, 10:01 PM
/Hmmm very tempting??I'm disappointed Steve/yes I thought you would be the 1st:)

top_muff
10-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Nah, bugger all rain and the car is garaged. i tried helping them to move while pushing the button but no job. I just find it strange that the folding and the glass stopped working at the same time on both mirrors?

Anyone any info on aircon fan?

Humpty's Revenge
10-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm disappointed Steve/yes I thought you would be the 1st:)

My self control is over whelming at the moment dude!

MUST RESIST........................../help

Davezj
10-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Check the fuses for the mirrors, look under the coin tray by the right leg. On the back of the coin try it tells you what each fuse dose check them.
If the fuse is not there then try under the bonnet in he fuse box there.

top_muff
10-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Thats the thing Dave, it doesnt list the fuse for them anywhere! Thats why i was taking advice from elsewhere in this forum when it said it was the same fuse as the radio.

aboo
10-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Never picked up on that the class had stopped moving as well.

John TheAntique
11-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Anything else not working? Check stop lights, indicators, reverse light, cigarette lighter,wipers,sunroof, horn, rear demister, cabin lights, fog lights head lights. If any of those don't work then it is the related fuse. If that doesn't solve it it must be the wiring or switch. Have you done any work on the car recently, like fitted new speakers?

top_muff
11-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Everything else is working fine and no work done this long time

Davezj
11-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Personally I would pull out all the fuses and check them individually.
There are some odd fuse placements in the vr4 some fuses under the bonnet you would not expect to be there.

GalantOnly
11-06-2012, 09:06 PM
The fuse for mirrors is number four from right on the top row in the cabin.....

top_muff
12-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks guys, I pulled out all the fuses, nothing wrong with any of them but now the mirrors are working. I'd have rather found something wrong though!!

Now on to my fan problem, are all galant aircon fans the same? Also i presume im going to have to pull the rad out to change it?