PDA

View Full Version : Recaro interior

caishanvr4
26-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Im looking for the factory Recaro seats and Interior to replace my stock interior. Also the momo steering wheel with airbag,do any of you guys know where i can get my mits on one im new on the scene, just recently bought a vr4-s and im really not feeling that standard interior. Ive been reading quite a few threads and it seems some of you guys are either deranged:wall: or mental :mad: which is fine by me as im isandwiched between the two. leather is an option but i prefer the recaro's. im still not quite sure which performance mods to go for first but im thinking exhaust and air filter first. Help us out guys, your expert opinion is needed. :beerclash

i3ooyah
26-12-2004, 11:05 PM
y go to the standard recaro's when u can pick any other style u want from all the seats available?

which will be a lot easier then going thru mitsi or finding a private dealer that wants to sell em

Kieran
26-12-2004, 11:13 PM
y go to the standard recaro's when u can pick any other style u want from all the seats available?

which will be a lot easier then going thru mitsi or finding a private dealer that wants to sell em

Fair Point..... The Recaros are like rocking horse $hit. Barry (the site founder) paid £700 from a scrapyard for the front and rear seats only! No carpets, door cards or owt else!!! :stars:

I think re-trimming or just an off-the-shelf seat would be a better bet? :undecided

caishanvr4
26-12-2004, 11:22 PM
mmm, the last place i would go to is mitsu dealers as budget comes into this. i would also like to have the front seats match the back as well as the door panels. ive noted the price of aftermarket seats and i'd rather have a full interior than two fronts !

Spirit
27-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Could be worth sending a PM to Zedy1 (Mo) as he is usually breaking one or two cars so he may have something ?

Other than that :welcome: to the site and lets see some pics of your car mate ;)

First thing you wanna do though is fork out £20 and join as a full member !

Polabear
27-12-2004, 02:42 PM
First thing you wanna do though is fork out £20 and join as a full member !

And the second thing...1st mod.. is uprate your front brakes... ;) welcome to the club.... :welcome:

caishanvr4
27-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Wooaahh, £700 quid :stars: my standard interior has started to appeal to me all of a sudden.Thank you guys for welcoming me to the club, i will definately be joining up for full membership and sending pics of my motor as soon as i find out how its done.Any help will be appretiated. If i change my front brakes should i change my discs and hoses as well ! I was thinking rotor disc with greenstuff pads combo. how much difference would stainless steel pipes make ?

Spirit
27-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Avoid Greenstuff pads mate.....crap !

One of the most common (and now tried and tested) combo's on here are National 8 groove front discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads - an all round excellent value for money set up and far superior to the standard.....can get this for you for around £230 delivered to the door (thats all in !) - if interested then PM me and I will give you the contact.

We did have a run of specially made braided hoses done for about a dozen members by another member - all in was around £40 - £50 which was a bargain - and worth doing as an upgrade too. Polabear is the man to talk to and maybe if enough interest is shown he may consider getting another run made.

caishanvr4
27-12-2004, 11:55 PM
:beerclash spirit for your kind advice which i will take up when the £££ start rolling in early jan. I do recall buying greenstuff pads for my last motor as well as changing the discs.Didnt really notice much difference in stopping:arse: but at least my wheels were free from brake dust :thumbsup: Im knocking the recaros int change on the head for now though and after the brakes look at exhaust/air filter.