PDA

View Full Version : TEIN HA in Legnum Adjusment

SNWVR4
12-06-2012, 04:31 AM
I have HA's in my car, have read that you turn the knob on top clockwise for stiffer. Mine can go on forever clockwise. What am I doing wrong?? Prefereably want to get my damping a little softer

CANDEE
12-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Does it click when you turn it?

Davezj
12-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I have HA also, you might have knackered them already.

you should only ever turn them 16 clicks anticlockwise from fully clockwise as there are some internal parts in the shock that i think drop to bits if you go much past 16 click anticlockwise.
so if you or someone else has been unscrewing them for fun then you might have knackered them already and no amount of turning clockwise will make them work correctly.
you can send them off the tien and get them rebuilt though.

but let candee take you through a detailed process.

Wodjno
12-06-2012, 01:34 PM
It's broken :( I have Tein HA's, and there is approx 20 clicks of adjustment from soft to hard.

adaxo
12-06-2012, 01:38 PM
turn the knob on top clockwise for stiffer

Is that rule apply to D2 coils as well??

Davezj
12-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Is that rule apply to D2 coils as well??

not sure, you would have to look ate you manual if you have it. if not there might be and online manual you car get.

CANDEE
12-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I have HA also, you might have knackered them already.

you should only ever turn them 16 clicks anticlockwise from fully clockwise as there are some internal parts in the shock that i think drop to bits if you go much past 16 click anticlockwise.
so if you or someone else has been unscrewing them for fun then you might have knackered them already and no amount of turning clockwise will make them work correctly.
you can send them off the tien and get them rebuilt though.

but let candee take you through a detailed process.
Thanks Dave. :)

Take them to Autolign and get them to rebuild them.... Think its about $1000 for all 4 to be done.

SNWVR4
13-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Wow, no way am I spending $1000 on getting them rebuilt. That's a third of what the car cost me! I'd sooner do it myself :D The car rides mint as it is (presumably stiffest)

It's only the front right that clicks forever, that one I have turned the other way before so probably buggered it. I guess the other ones are just a little stiff cos they almost want to click but i get a little resistance just before it does. Will try some CRC.

I thought these might have been the type that had more than 16 adjusments (some go up to hundreds?) but I guess not?

SNWVR4
13-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Ok just reading up a few blogs on fixing the clicker and how it allworks. Not so bad. From memory o got to 21 turns and thought I'd better stop, this shouldn't have buggered anything.

Can anyone tell me if thei'rs actualy stop turning when going clockwise? as in, hit a stop?

Ryan
13-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Can anyone tell me if thei'rs actualy stop turning when going clockwise? as in, hit a stop?

Mine stop if turned anti-clockwise (softer). I tried turning the other way and it becomes progressively more difficult up to 21, I went to 22 and stopped and reset back to my original setting.

Wodjno
13-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Ok just reading up a few blogs on fixing the clicker and how it allworks. Not so bad. From memory o got to 21 turns and thought I'd better stop, this shouldn't have buggered anything.

Both my rear 1's go 20 clicks and stop both Clockwise and Anti Clockwise. When i first got them they were all a little stiff so squirted them all with WD40 and gradually turned them back and fourth loosening them off. This worked well on 3 of them. The 4th, NSF was very stiff and only turned a few clicks. After trying to ease it back and fourth i got it upto around 14 clicks when :(, the adjuster snapped :( So i had to leave it there and try to adjust the OSF to match the stiffness set on the NSF. I would like to get the NSF fixed, but looking at £250+ /help So i'll leave it as it is.. It's a little to hard at the front for every day driving, but it's liveable. The rears are set on the softest setting and are still hard enough to give good handling without bouncing about. If i turn the rears up 4-5 clicks it starts the rear end jigglling over bumps, and in corners, if the cars empty. If i have a full load on(people in the rear) then 4-5 clicks on the rear is good. Wind it upto 20 and it bounces like a beach ball. 20 would be great for drifting, but thats about it /yes

Wodj