PDA

View Full Version : Geek boy strikes again...

BraindG
10-07-2003, 01:51 PM
After having this VR4 since December, ive finally got round to fitting my sat/nav system... not only this, ive fitted a wee bullet cam to the grill..

I had to file part of it away, and snap a couple of the wee vent bitties INSERT INTO post VALUES (for air to get to induction kit) however its in, and works perfectly..

I have two cables running through engine bay, one for power, and other for the video cable.. these then go to a splitter.. one of which goes to my sat/nav controller so I can view the input from my camera on screen, and the other goes to my video camera INSERT INTO post VALUES (which I figured out Chris :) )

The inventor has been wired in, so it doesn't use the ciggy lighter socket. and the unit has been placed under passenger seat..

Im fitting PS2 for JAE INSERT INTO post VALUES (incase i get bored) this will be plugged into inventor when required.

in addition to all this, the inputs for the bullet cam, on the sat/nav controller obviously don't use the sound just the video input); the sound is fed strait into the video camera... so ive plugged in an audio cable under the passenger seat which can be plugged into the headphone socket of my laptop.. so me got a huge library of tunes.. however not easily accessible, say if boy zone comes on, I cant change it quickly..

ill post some picture of the bullet cam tomorrow... looks rather groovy, and works a treat.. I have camera in car all the time now, and ready for action.. just incase "something" happens, and I want to record it.. /giggles

Spirit
10-07-2003, 06:23 PM
OI FREAK ! LOL only joking mate :D

Great idea mate, maybe we can get some footage at JAE to post on the site ?

Me gets the feeling you luvs ya car sooooo much !

BraindG
11-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Close up

BraindG
11-07-2003, 01:00 PM
wee bit away

jaysback
11-07-2003, 03:00 PM
very trick.
nice looking job and you even cleaned the car. he he he.
is that your house?
how many computers you running there?
2 air con units. must be warm.......

BraindG
11-07-2003, 03:03 PM
few servers, desktops, laptops, switches.. busy wee house ive got.. keeps me out of mischief - atleast thats what i tell the parents.. /giggles

wish the car was clean.. im ashamed to be a vr4 owner sometimes.. no devotion.. oh, hang on.. im to busy working.. yeah.. thats it!

BraindG
12-07-2003, 05:52 PM
heres geek central from inside..

Brind
13-07-2003, 02:51 PM
That looks fun! :cool:
You can never have enough gadgets to play with.

Spirit
13-07-2003, 06:02 PM
Look at all those wires on the right hand side of the consol !:eek:

Brind
13-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by spirit979
Look at all those wires on the right hand side of the consol !:eek:

Placing bets whether the cover will ever be put back on! ;)

Spirit
13-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Brind
Placing bets whether the cover will ever be put back on! ;)

Or if it will be cleaned first ? LOL:D

Brind
13-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Now you're just taking the P...! :D

Spirit
13-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Who moi ? :Ponder:

:D :D :D :D

BraindG
13-07-2003, 06:22 PM
oi!

ill have you know ive cleaned the car.. see picture.. and ill have the concolse back to gether for JAE... i still need to access the ECU so i can connect up the Sat/nav.. so im leaving it off for the time being..

Spirit
13-07-2003, 06:25 PM
What can I say, we take it all back mate :D

And you know we were only kidding don't you ?:p

Pete

P.S. How much did you pay someone to clean it ? LOL

Brind
13-07-2003, 06:26 PM
LOL!! :hurrah: ;)

BraindG
13-07-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by spirit979

P.S. How much did you pay someone to clean it ? LOL

see you... pfff.. I DID IT.. and ive got the sunbruns to prove it, oh and a bit of heat stroke.. was sick and giddy.. or was that cos i was doing some work...nah, was heat stroke.. INSERT INTO post VALUES (seriously though, 5 hours in the sun washing, and wiring.. i felt sick, light headed, dehydrated.. was horrible....)

but its done..

Spirit
13-07-2003, 06:50 PM
[mental note to Barry] Next time PAY someone to clean it...lol [/mental note off]....I am lucky I have Shaz to clean ours....:D