PDA

View Full Version : VR4 Auto gear lever button self ejected (SORTED)

martin_livingstone
26-06-2012, 05:23 AM
Hi

Came to set off in my VR4 yesterday and when pressing the gear lever button to move out of Park, the button sprang into the air followed by the spring itself.

I think the retaining tabs have worn away and so I reckon I just need a new button or maybe the plastic cradle it sits in also. Currently I'm driving round with gaffer tape holding everything together :bigcry:

Just tried getting a replacement but spares sources only want to sell me a whole gear lever at $65 - anyone know where I can get the button and cradle from in Auckland please chaps? I can see this turning into something bigger than Ben Hur when allI need is a bit of plastic or two <<sigh>>. It appears 3 screws holds the cradle onto the top of the gear lever.

if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated - thanks

Cheers
Martin

MMMmmm..... gaffer tape - is there anything it can't do?

Gly
26-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Www.Pickapart.co.nz
Or trademe

If you had posted last week I would have had one I the wreak I just had taken away for scrap

martin_livingstone
27-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Cheers - thanks a lot - just like the old days!

It didn't go to any of the yards listed here did it?

Avondale, Mangere, Takanini

Cheers
Martin

Gly
27-06-2012, 04:14 AM
nope, wasnt a pick a part dealer that took it,

had nothing of value left on it, stripped it back to the shell, only kept what i thought i could use or sell,

martin_livingstone
02-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Just to close the thread, I did go to pick a part at Avondale and took me a couple of minutes to remove exactly what I needed. 2$ for admission and $4 for the part - bargain!

Cheers
Martin

elnevio
02-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Love a nice cheap fix! :deal2:

The second best thing to a nice free fix!! :D