PDA

View Full Version : Question N stuff.

Big Ian
30-12-2004, 02:08 PM
today i stripped out my dash to clean away all those hard to get bit's of grime and dust,i was going to change every bulb to blue one's then thought i may get bored with the colour :| ..so i did'nt,i also took of all the center trim (panel's round the stereo and gear stick) and cable-tied and taped all the wire's and cable's,so with a bit of luck most if not all my "pain in the ass rattles!" from behind there will be gone? ( :) behind the glove box next)

i have a question to do with the only niggle ive had in near two an a half year's
When you turn on your ignition to ACC=position ...does your petrol light come on? (to show that it's working)

ive re-placed the bulb in the fuel gauge as it's never worked (the bulb that was there looked different from the rest?..so now it's the same :D )but as i have fuel in the tank not low enough to trigger the "you need fuel"warning light i'm still not sure if it's working? :|

adam_shaw
30-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Hiya,

the light only comes on when you get into the reserve :|

I don't know what would happen if you disconnect the sender?

A

Big Ian
30-12-2004, 03:22 PM
:rolleyes: cheer's adam.....look's like i'll have to go a drive and see if ive got it working now?
do you think the GLS low fuel light work's the same as a VR4 one? (i dont mean come's on when low and then off when full :laugh: )

KIERAN....did your light come on without the engine running (like a warning light test before start up?)

Kieran
30-12-2004, 07:38 PM
KIERAN....did your light come on without the engine running (like a warning light test before start up?)

Nah - it was the same as Adam has described. The only lights that 'pre-checked' without the ignition on were the same as on Hordak - ECU warning, SRS warning, Oil Pressure, Alternator, Oil Level, Handbrake and Gearbox (on my GLS).

You'll need to go for a drive ;)

Big Ian
30-12-2004, 09:56 PM
ive got near a full tank and ive only done about 30 mile's in three week's :rolleyes5 (the wee astra has done about 250 in that time)

i even took it out today (the car that is!)....and got caught by a fellow member :$ ,it's hard trying to not use it think i'll take the wheel's of and then that way maybe i'll get the job's done that i want to do to it?

!or maybe if i puncture the tank with a screwdriver i'll see the light work?...or not! :rolleyes5

RED
31-12-2004, 10:14 AM
My petrol light doesn't come on when the ignition is in any position and the red light came on last week when the BP garage had run out of Ultimate and the Shell garage had run out of Optimax :rolleyes5 If I hadn't weed in the tank I would have been stranded :laugh: :lipsrseal I always thought my light was bust cos sometimes I hit the red before I can get to fill up but the needle was the really bad side of the red mark before the light came on so god knows how much juice I had left!

Polabear
31-12-2004, 02:27 PM
do you think the GLS low fuel light work's the same as a VR4 one? (i dont mean come's on when low and then off when full :laugh: )

Comes on a damn sight quicker in a VR4 Ian..... :scared1: :lipsrseal :lipsrseal :rolleyes5

I know....I'm leaving now..... :help:

Big Ian
31-12-2004, 06:30 PM
i'm getting closer to the bottom! :rolleyes:
used my G today and had a wee set-to with a V6 Vectra...and here's me thinking they are fast?
he had me in 2nd and 3rd,but he never got much in front...once i got to the end of 3rd gear i was beside him then once in 4rth i sort of Sh@2 on him :laugh: .
once we past the ton..he gave up then up the road a bit he pulled beside me in traffic and say's some nice thing's :D (nice car mate,quick aint it what's in-it) ...and that's when i found out it was a V6!! :laugh:

Polabear
01-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Nice one Ian..good way to pre empt the new year..... :thumb1: :beerbang:

Mel
01-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Think its supposed to come on when you are down to 10 L .
Looks pretty close, as I usually get about 50 L when I fill up after the light has just started to come on. Tank is 60 L on VR4.