PDA

View Full Version : cusco piping kit

stonegr
30-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Ok if anyone is interesting this is the cusco piping kit.

ritch_w
30-12-2004, 07:41 PM
looks very cool :-b

if you dont mind me asking - where did you manage to get the kit from and how much did it cost??

stonegr
30-12-2004, 08:39 PM
looks very cool :-b

if you dont mind me asking - where did you manage to get the kit from and how much did it cost??

I saw this kit in a cusco catalog and i order them from a friend of mine in Japan. It cost me almost 240 GBP.
If you are interesting you can order them in http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk

just email here for info wholesale@funkyproduct.co.uk
(Before i order them from Japan i ask on the funkyproduct just to compare prices)
Take a look.

<<<Here's the prices for the Cusco piping:

For a EC5W REGNUM with 6A13 engine,
* CUSCO Aluminium Turbo Pipe
(including pipe from turbo to intercooler x 2 and pipe from intercooler
to surge tank x 1): GBP£269.00 all-in.>>>

I hope that helps you ;)

Spirit
30-12-2004, 11:25 PM
Looks very nice mate ! :-b

Wonder if it would be worth asking Chris at Funky if he would discount them for a "group buy". Or is this another opportunity for BDA Fabrications ?

Anyone else interested in them ?

caishanvr4
31-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Yea, you can count me in on a group buy if the price drops to around £200 :-D looks reeaaal cool though. stone gr what kind of bhp you pushing ? any pics :thumbsup:

Dan_G
31-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Consider me in for a group buy defo.....

I absolutley love the cusco intake kit :-D

stonegr
01-01-2005, 12:56 AM
stone gr what kind of bhp you pushing ? any pics :thumbsup:

Sorry not dyno yet. :|

zedy1
01-01-2005, 01:28 AM
count me in too :-D

Spirit
05-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Just spoke to Chris at Funky and he does not think he can get this kit ! :(

But, he has asked if we can supply a part/catalogue number and he will look into it......do you have this stonegr ? ;)

stonegr
06-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Just spoke to Chris at Funky and he does not think he can get this kit ! :(

But, he has asked if we can supply a part/catalogue number and he will look into it......do you have this stonegr ? ;)

Sorry i dont have any part number.
But I send you a PM (link) for my supplier. So ask him for any info you like. Price, Part number ... etc. Dont forget to tell him that you are from VR-4 Club and he can give you the best possible price of any parts from Japan. ;)

Spirit
06-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Have just emailed him for best price for 5 and 10 kits and also the part number - will update as soon as he replies ;)

Dan_G
06-01-2005, 03:46 PM
fingers crossed this one a go-er.... :p

Spirit
06-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Got a reply already !

Here's what the man said:

"We will be happy to serve you and all members of Club VR4 and we will do
special prices for group buy.

First we want you to know that we will send the parts direct from Japan or
USA depends the brand so we will ship the parts with low cost invoice if you
need for low tax charge.i.e. if a parts cost 100p i will ship the parts with
invoice for 20p so you will pay 5p+- for customs.

The part Number of Cusco piping kit is : 535 030 A

our retail price is 275GBP and wholesale price 240

your price is:215GBP ea kit for minimum 5 kits include shipping to you.

We are looking forward to hearing from you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now passed this info on to Chris at Funky to get his best price.

Also, just noticed this is in the wrong section so just about to move it ;)

So, put your names down if your interested !

PLEASE NOTE - THE GROUP BUY PRICE WILL ONLY APPLY TO FULL UK MEMBERS - so if you ain't joined yet pay your £20 now and you will save £60 on this deal alone !!!

Polabear
06-01-2005, 08:20 PM
I could be tempted..... ;)

Dan_G
07-01-2005, 09:44 AM
So we need at least five...... Well, consider me in....

1 kit please :D

enigma
07-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Ooooohhhhhh.......shiny!

I could be tempted too if I can release some cash from the baby fund :lipsrseal

enigma
07-01-2005, 10:25 AM
See Here (http://www.sol.dti.ne.jp/~benten/tuning2.htm)

Kieran
07-01-2005, 11:15 AM
I could be tempted too if I can release some cash from the baby fund :lipsrseal

The man knows no fear..... :end:

NevGroom
07-01-2005, 11:25 AM
One for me please if it's a go-er

Polabear
07-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Any colour choices on the hoses Pete...? :lipsrseal

Spirit
08-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Any colour choices on the hoses Pete...? :lipsrseal

Don't think so Sean, but then I guess you could get some made in a different colour ?

Spirit
08-01-2005, 12:10 AM
So, interested parties so far:

1: Spirit
2: Dan G
3: Polabear
4: BDA
5: NevGroom

Right, we have 5 so here's the way it has too work. Payment will need to be made upfront - usual manner of paypal + postage to get them from me to you - so gonna put a figure of £235 on the table (£215 + paypal fee + postage) and once five lots of £235 are received the order will be placed - but hang fire until I hear from Chris @ Funky.

Roadrunner
08-01-2005, 12:47 AM
OK, forgive me for being dim, but what's the advantage of these hoses? 'Cos in comparison to what's on my car just now, they look like a narrower bore which doesn't seem like an improvement to me in terms of the volume of air that they'll carry. Please enlighten me :)

borgan
08-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Lower pressure drop from turbos, less heat & back pressure. To achieve a certain level of pressure at the intake the turbos would have to work harder with the std pipes as the std pipes will "flex & ripple" (description by kieran in prev. post). The turbos end up having to spin faster to reach desired pressure causing the air to become hotter. As the std turbos are undersized the last thing we want is pressure drop from the flex pipes. From new the std pipes weren't great but with age they weaken. I've had similar pipes to these for about 6 months now. I can't make a direct comparison as at the same time I upgraded my turbos & intercooler but it is a purchase that I don't regret.

Roadrunner
08-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Hmm, OK, I agree with some of that, but "flex and ripple"? How much pressure are we talking about here to get a fairly firm flexible pipe to "flex and ripple"? Less than 1 bar over atmospheric for most people here which won't do it. I can see that, if the bore of the pipes is narrower, the desired pressure is reached earlier, but do the turbos actually spin slower? - because, if they don't, the excess boost will just be dumped which kind of defeats the purpose.

I also don't see how a narrower bore (if indeed it is) would produce less back pressure - I suggest back pressure (and heat) would be greater with narrower pipes, so struggle to understand the benefit.

I'm more interested in the turbo upgrade you mention and accept that there is, at the very least, an aesthetic benefit in the Cusco piping, but I remain to be convinced of the performance benefit.

borgan
08-01-2005, 12:49 PM
The internal diameter on my kit (not cusco) was pretty much the same on the 90 degree bend coming from the rear turbo and slightly larger on the other pipes.
I think you'd be surprised at the force coming through those pipes. I was fortunate to the see how poorly the std pipes were when my car was on a rolling road. That's what prompted me to replace the pipes. A few of us have also had to replace the pipe that links to the intake as the force from the turbos kept dislodging the pipe. IIRC at 0.9 bar of boost there will be aprox 16 lbs/min of air coming from each turbo. That's a lot of air !!!!

EdmundVR4
08-01-2005, 03:29 PM
I can't make a direct comparison as at the same time I upgraded my turbos & intercooler but it is a purchase that I don't regret.
Hey Borgan, Tell us about your turbo upgrade as I don't know of any bolt on upgrades for the EC5A VR4.
Thanks,
EdmundVR4

borgan
08-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Std turbos modified for larger internals, stronger shaft & wheel clipped. The install hasn't been problem free. The front turbo has siezed 3 times now. At this moment in time I won't pass any comment on whose fault it is. I'll divulge once compensated.

Back to std turbos for the moment but will be going the single turbo route soon.

Dan_G
10-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Right, we have 5 so here's the way it has too work. Payment will need to be made upfront - usual manner of paypal + postage to get them from me to you - so gonna put a figure of £235 on the table (£215 + paypal fee + postage) and once five lots of £235 are received the order will be placed - but hang fire until I hear from Chris @ Funky.

All sounds good to me......

Hmm, I wonder how all this paypal melarky works then :headsc:

I dont even have a credit card.... :p ....

I have pieces of paper I can write on and send in the post.... new fangled things called Cheques I think :) .... Would one of these do?

Polabear
10-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Ok, after a wee chat with Pete last night regarding these cusco kits and the illusive nature of this cusco kit part number I have been to see another company I have had dealings with during my previous custom car days and used to do shiny pipe type stuff for me.... :D

So after work tonight my car went to Pete's shop at Watson automotive and had all the relevant pipework that we want to replace measured up, he is going to work a price up for a full kit in either s/s or polished ally inc, slilicone hose joiners and s/s hose clips, the problem with polished ally as he explained to me is that usually all work is done first then the pipes are polished to a high finish which also removes any tooling / work blemishes, if he uses polished ally pipe from the getgo then it makes life a little more tricky..... :rolleyes5 so hopefully I should hear from him within a few days, so as the man said..all interested parties,watch this space..... ;)

Spirit
11-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Well done mate, let's hope it's a good price so we can deal locally :-b

Spirit
14-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Chris @ Funky has quoted £250 delivered to the door - and thats for any amount of orders - with a lead time of around 2 weeks

Spirit
14-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Eventually managed to locate the pipe kit on the Cusco website in Japan. For the VR4 it's listed as:

Part No: 535 030 A (which we knew) and lists the pipes as

61.0~50.8 x 2
70.0~61.0 x 1

Incidentally, the list price is 40,000 yen = £209 ;)

Dan_G
15-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, if funky products can get it for £250 in 2 weeks or the group buy from japan for £235 ...... hmm.... for the sake of £15 I think I might just go with Funky and order on Monday :$

not that I'm impitent or anything, sorry I mean Impatient....... :p

Cheers

Dan

Spirit
22-01-2005, 10:43 PM
I may order this from Funky too - any more thoughts from others ?

zentac
23-01-2005, 10:26 AM
wouldnt it be cheaper to make a kit up ourselves, like mine?

caishanvr4
24-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Hi zentac

any idea's how long it would take to make up a kit ? Is there a picture of your engine bay. if made up what would be the estimate cost ? Dan g/spirit have you ordered your kit yet.

Spirit
24-01-2005, 01:38 AM
Not ordered yet - have a few bits I am considering and the Cusco pipes are just one of them.........open to saving a few £££'s ;)

zentac
24-01-2005, 08:07 AM
not sure I would have to work it out and I dont have my car here at the moment but I bought all my samco hoses and ali pipe from Merlin Motorsport here is thier catalogue page http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/pdf/23.pdf

Polabear
02-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Spoke to my mate Pete today regarding the turbo piping kit and he is STILL waiting for the guy who bends the polished ally pipe to get back to him..... :wtf: :furious3: :wall: said he will call him today to find out whats going on, but got home too late to call Pete, sorry for the delay guy's don't blame you if you go elsewhere, I will post as soon as I hear from Pete..... :$

Bear

Smokinmasta2
24-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Spoke to my mate Pete today regarding the turbo piping kit and he is STILL waiting for the guy who bends the polished ally pipe to get back to him..... :wtf: :furious3: :wall: said he will call him today to find out whats going on, but got home too late to call Pete, sorry for the delay guy's don't blame you if you go elsewhere, I will post as soon as I hear from Pete..... :$

Bear

Any news on this m8???

Smokin...................

Dan_G
01-03-2005, 08:28 PM
looky what was waiting for me when I got home from work.... :D

happy with that..

Smokinmasta2
01-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Yum yum............
How much m8

Smokin......................

Wodjno
30-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Any news on this m8???

Smokin...................

Old Thread.. But just wondering what the outcome was .. ?? /yes :inquisiti /Hmmm