PDA

View Full Version : Manual conversion?

dyhwe
29-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Seems like I broke my second a/t box. This time propably center lock (though haven't opened it yet) so i was wondering to converting it to manual.
I tried search, but didn't get any straight answer.
What parts i will need and from which models I can get those parts from?

BraindG
29-06-2012, 04:03 PM
i searched for "guide manual conversion" and found the following threads, they both contain useful information on performing this.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?59145-Manual-conversion-by-Adaxo

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?53626-Auto-to-Manual-Gearbox-conversion

dyhwe
29-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Sure i found those ones but i still ain't sure is evo gearbox straight bolton (from looking pics it seems so) and which 2wd parts fits. It thing someone is going ask this same qestion again so it can be usefull to get knowledge in some kind of list.

adaxo
29-06-2012, 05:26 PM
There is list of parts what I got to do my conv

Manual Gearbox
Manual geabox engine mount (pas side)
Selector cables
Half shaft between xfr box and gearbox
Manual Hi Vis dash
Manual flywheel
Clutch, release bearing and cover plate (inc all bolts )
Clutch and brake pedal
Clutch master and slave cylinder
Clutch pipe work
Reverse switch loom part for connection to auto loom
diagram explaining how to wire up the inhibitor and reverse switch
Manual selector and gearstick + gearknob and cover to convert auto lower pannel
Reflash of ECU with manual ROM

I suppose you asking about conv of VR4?

Gly
30-06-2012, 07:56 AM
evo bolt does not bolt on, its close, but requires modifications to some bolt locations. (dont know more than that)
also the final drive shorter than the vr4 so you will be changing gears quite often. its bad enough in the vr4.

a FWD box will fit, but its has to be a from another 6Axx engined car with the same engine rotation, but then it will be FWD :(

there is talk of a (not sure what generation) lancer 4g93 box being a bolt on, but no ones tried so yeh. dunno.