PDA

View Full Version : Problems bleeding clutch?

BraindG
01-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Before spending ages bleeding your clutch, take the nipple out, check the pointy bit and check for a circular score, created by screwing into the piston.

If you have such a score take some wet and dry, put it on a cordless drill and spin until the score is gone.

Aswell as this pull the piston back into the chamber until all air is expelled, put you finger over the hole and pull it out again.

You should now note the nipple hole is full of fluid, screw the nipple in, tighten up and it should be bled first time.

Worked for me! - I went through 1litre of fluid becoming more frustrated with every pump. Turnout air was coming back in due to the score on the nipple.

Tadaa!

it should go first time, no need to rebleed.

hbkuk1
01-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Before spending ages bleeding your clutch, take the nipple out, check the pointy bit and check for a circular score, created by screwing into the piston.

If you have such a score take some wet and dry, put it on a cordless drill and spin until the score is gone.

Aswell as this pull the piston back into the chamber until all air is expelled, put you finger over the hole and pull it out again.

You should now note the nipple hole is full of fluid, screw the nipple in, tighten up and it should be bled first time.

Worked for me! - I went through 1litre of fluid becoming more frustrated with every pump. Turnout air was coming back in due to the score on the nipple.

Tadaa!

it should go first time, no need to rebleed.

i had this problem took me fu@#&%£ ages to get it bled! will try this next time

Davezj
01-07-2012, 10:07 PM
hope you got it sorted now barry

BraindG
01-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Yep, it's perfect now - just need to resolve the other two probs - abs lights and the misfire/wobble thing (hope it's not clutch misaligned)

Davezj
01-07-2012, 10:24 PM
i am sure we will see in the next few weeks.