PDA

View Full Version : clicking when clutch released

SEAN-NZ
06-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi, got a noise coming from clutch/gearbox, best way to describe is a clicking noise, symptoms so far from memory, whenever i release clutch, not gear dependant that i can tell, have never heard it when in reverse, i sat in the driveway, foot on brake, 1st gear, released the clutch a little and heard the noise, car didnt move at all, also makes the noise in neutral, any ideas on this?

Wodjno
06-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Is it clicking constantly ? Or only when released ? When it clicks in neutral, do you mean pressing and depressing the clutch or without ?

SEAN-NZ
06-07-2012, 07:51 PM
its when my foot off the clutch, no noise when i put clutch in

gallvr4
06-07-2012, 07:56 PM
release bearing.....did you do any work on the clutch/gearbox lately?

wintertidenz
06-07-2012, 09:33 PM
IIRC he just replaced the transfer case, so the gearbox ideally should have been off at the same time.

Wodjno
06-07-2012, 09:57 PM
If the transfer box and propshaft have been removed ? It could even be the propshaft.

Sent via"The Force" using tapatalk :-)

gallvr4
07-07-2012, 01:33 PM
IIRC he just replaced the transfer case, so the gearbox ideally should have been off at the same time.

not really as you can remove the transfer box without removeing the gearbox.bit confused.....you say that you were in 1st gear and the car did'nt move??????

still sounds like the release bearing to me if its makeing noise in neutral with or without the clutch pressed.

by the way...can you here it up thru the gears or at motorway speeds??

SEAN-NZ
09-07-2012, 09:15 AM
If the transfer box and propshaft have been removed ? It could even be the propshaft.

Sent via"The Force" using tapatalk :-)

was happening before the case was removed

not really as you can remove the transfer box without removeing the gearbox.bit confused.....you say that you were in 1st gear and the car did'nt move??????

still sounds like the release bearing to me if its makeing noise in neutral with or without the clutch pressed.

by the way...can you here it up thru the gears or at motorway speeds??

doesnt move when brake is applied, cant really hear it above 20ish kmh, most noticeable at idle rpm when moving in 1st and 2nd gear

didnt remove gearbox for transfer case, still find it odd that it doesnt do it in reverse, seemed to almost disappear when i replaced front engine mount, for about 10km, then i think the mount alignment went out and the noise came back