PDA

View Full Version : Best option

BillHardy
09-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I am looking at getting the underside of the VR sorted and wanted opinions on whats best,waxoiling or underseal,have a local guy offered to blast off the underside and waxoil for £100 all in

Nick Mann
09-07-2012, 10:50 PM
My understanding of wax is that it is a very temporary thing. Next year it will have washed off and will need doing again.

I'd also question what he is actually going to do for £100 - if the cost of the wax is anything significant, then he isn't charging for very much time. (Or his time is very cheap!)

Some underseals have rust converters in them and then dry to hard shell after. That's the type I chose.

666damned
10-07-2012, 07:54 AM
i personally went down the undersealing route a couple of years ago with the good old trusted formula 'Shutz'.....

gazmk2
11-07-2012, 07:16 AM
I spent a couple of days painting the underneath of my car with black hammerite!

BillHardy
11-07-2012, 10:45 PM
He's a mechanic/enthusiast and thinks that undersealing just seals in the rust/imperfections but i will ask how long the waxoiling will last,he's recently restord a 58 American pickup truck with a 3.1 engine and it lokks and sounds terrific.
Thanks for your input guys