PDA

View Full Version : Gizzmo MS-IBC

Erni902
12-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Right then I have a Gizzmo MS-IBC and im wondering if anybody else here is using one on their VR-4. If so I am after a few pics of how yours is installed so I can make sure mine is correctly installed.

Any help (especially pics) is much appreciated

Wobble
12-07-2012, 08:57 PM
had one on my manual last year , look through the ebc fitting guide here (http://http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?26996-Fitting-an-Electronic-Boost-Controller-(EBC))

once you have it installed i can talk to you about setting it up, i really liked this boost controller and will get another when i get a vr again.

Erni902
12-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Link isnt working for me Dave :(

I had a play with it today and managed to get my head around upping the duty cycle. Preset 6 is now set to 14.5 Psi. This is all fine when I boot it and after playing with the gain and various other features it holds steady and is very smooth. The problem is when I just ease my foot down to accelerate gradually the boost will go up to 13 Psi then drop to 10 then back up to 13 and this will continue for the duration the pedal is in that position. As soon as I put more pressure on the go pedal it sorts itself out and stabilises.

When I turn to a lower preset I still get the same effect but between 10 and 7Psi. I havent experienced this while running stock or with my MBC. A point to note is that when my dad had this (exact unit) installed in his VR-4 it acted in the exact same fashion. Did you ever experience this or have I (or the bloke who installed it on my dads motor as I copied the install onto mine) plumbed something in wrong?

Wobble
12-07-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?26996-Fitting-an-Electronic-Boost-Controller-(EBC)

link is for installing ebc

Wobble
12-07-2012, 09:36 PM
did not have that on mine , it was steady and held boost with minimal spiking .

Erni902
12-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Aha that is the thread I was after, I knew id seen it a year or so ago but couldnt find it for love nor money! I take it the installation is the same for all EBC's just the main unit that will differ?

Wobble
12-07-2012, 09:49 PM
pretty much the same , did you install the scramble button ? i never bothered personally but would be interested to see what effect this had .

Erni902
12-07-2012, 10:20 PM
No didnt install the scramble button as it didnt come with one, I imagine the previous owner of my dads motor didnt fit it then perhaps lost it or forgot about it when he sold it on. I know what you mean though it would be interesting to see it working

Cheers for your help Dave I will double check everything and see what happens

Chris.W
12-07-2012, 10:32 PM
I got one on my pfl galant, was a few teething issues after first install but it seems to be running fine now. 1.01 bar allday everyday. will take some photos at the weekend and put them up for you.

Erni902
13-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Nice one cheers chris that would be brilliant :)

Wobble
13-07-2012, 07:19 PM
where did you install it? mine went in the clock position and looked great in the finish.

Chris.W
13-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Rikki, here's the photo's of how mine is install'd.

Ok, so......
Photo 1 - Beeing a manual i dont have the TCL switch, just a blanking panel, so i cut a hole and fitted the unit in there. The thing is fair bright at night time so this reduces the distraction.
Photo 2 - Shows the solinoid location. Decided to mount it here so i didn't have to drill any body work.
Photo 3 & 4 - Close ups of solinoid. The plastic battery surround is rigid enough to take the weight of the solinoid and the mounting bracket ensures the heat generated whilst in operation dose not melt the plastic.
Photo 5 - Location of vacum hoses. Remove the hose with the red end from the air inlet ducting and plumb in the solinoid "in line" as directed in the fitting instructions. Some folk like to tidy/shorten/re-route the hose work for a sleeker install. Personally i found that where i mounted the solinoid the hose positioning was fine.
Photo 6 - Vacume hose to rear of controler. I used a "t-piece" to plumb in to the feed line in to the vacume hose that comes out of the back of the inlet manifold. This provides the pressure reading to the unit to let it know what to do with the solinoid and also to provide the pressure achieved for the screen readout/boost guage.
Photo 7 - Vacume feed and solinoid electric feed. I routed the vacume feed and solinoid controle wire down and through the rubber gaittor for the steering colom and up behind the dash.

To power the controler i spliced a wire into the live feed for the wingmirror buttons as they were nice an close to where i positioned the unit and there was plenty of choice for earthing points.

Hope this is of some use to you and appologise if it too suck eggs type.

Cheers,
Blue.

Erni902
13-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Dave yes I installed mine in the same place as yours I think it looks quite good there and not too out of place. I know what Chris means about the display being bright etc but by using a combination of the buttons you can dim the display.

Chris: In pic 2 I see the red tipped hose is joined to the other hose "in line" to the solenoid. Did you remove any of the hoses i.e the T piece that goes to the wastegate rail and the standard solenoid on the other end of the red tipped hose then place the other end of the red tipped hose straight on the wastegate rail?

Oh and cheers for the pics by the way

Chris.W
14-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Um, no I don't believe I did. Just pulled that red tip hose off at the inlet and added the solenoid.
Managed to find an installation manual on line complete with diagrams and followed that. Also shows how to set it up.

Erni902
14-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Right well today I followed the guide in the link above and removed the standard solenoid and now my boost is very smooth and no more fluctuation. A
lso went to Foxdie's earlier to collect brembo shims and pins to hold the pads in and came away with a 7202 ecu with fuel cut moved and anti-lag hahaha pops and bangs...childish but pretty cool :) . now my boost is holding very steady between 14.5 and 15psi.

A possible attempt at fitting the FMIC tomorrow me thinks. Cheers for the help on this thread guys :)