PDA

View Full Version : never ever ever buy red stuff pads

richieelliott
10-07-2003, 07:13 PM
put some on my legnum four hundred miles later poof gone hence HELP required ref pads:D

Spirit
10-07-2003, 08:11 PM
Richie

Read similar complaints on here and the MLR regarding Redstuff and Greenstuff pads. Thats why I took my time to buy the right ones and have read or been told nothing but excellent reports on the Ferodo DS2500 pads.

Pete

Roadrunner
10-07-2003, 11:26 PM
EBC Reds were the worst pads I have ever come across :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( . I was recommended to put them on my Legacy RS-B and they were horrible. They only lasted 13 days :eek: and about 1000 miles, including around 20 miles on track. I couldn't get any consistency out of them - they never got hot enough to work on the road so I had no confidence in them at all. On track, they wouldn't even stay hot enough to grip on all the bends - real scary because I never knew when they would grip and when they wouldn't. When I took them off, it was obvious they'd been running hot at some time, but the pad material was separating from the metal :eek: . Replaced them with Ferodos and did the next 30k miles and 4 track days with these without needing to replace them :) . Don't understand how some people think Reds are great :confused:

Brian

richieelliott
11-07-2003, 04:50 PM
sorted got pagid blues on now they are ace