PDA

View Full Version : V6 saloon problem

Scanny
17-07-2012, 06:09 AM
my mate has a FL V6 saloon and i got him a leather interior from a PFL legnum. everything fits but there is a problem with the rear seats locking back. i swapped my interior from my FL V6 legnum into my PFL VR4 legnum with no issues and gave him the U shaped brackets that lock the rear seats back into the upright position. he says they are still too big for the clips though and therefore do not lock the rear seats into position. any differences that he should be aware of?

this doesnt make sense to me. my interior was a straight swap and the interior he has came from a car identical to my VR4. he has the U shaped brackets from my V6 which must be identical to those in my VR4 otherwise my seats would have problems too. what is going wrong?

exevoowner
17-07-2012, 11:18 PM
I did the same as you fitted a v6 seats to my leggie and they work fine has he try the clip in the seat on its own ???

lancerevo3
17-07-2012, 11:27 PM
my mate has a FL V6 saloon and i got him a leather interior from a PFL legnum. everything fits but there is a problem with the rear seats locking back. i swapped my interior from my FL V6 legnum into my PFL VR4 legnum with no issues and gave him the U shaped brackets that lock the rear seats back into the upright position. he says they are still too big for the clips though and therefore do not lock the rear seats into position. any differences that he should be aware of?

this doesnt make sense to me. my interior was a straight swap and the interior he has came from a car identical to my VR4. he has the U shaped brackets from my V6 which must be identical to those in my VR4 otherwise my seats would have problems too. what is going wrong?

you swapped from legnum to legnum now your mate is swapping from legnum to saloon.
is the difference in the cars themselves[estate/saloon]?

peter thomson
18-07-2012, 12:23 AM
You can't fit from legnum to saloon. Tried it as well and the catch won't engage

Scanny
18-07-2012, 12:59 AM
he seems to think the brackets are narrower in a VR4. the V6 brackets are the same between saloon and estate but he says they are too thick to fit in the hole in the back of the seats so he is going to have them modified.

what difference causes the problem Peter?

peter thomson
18-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Pretty sure it's the brackets as well. The set I had wouldn't fit another members galant when I sold them on so had to take out the rear seats with the triple head rest that came from a galant to give to him instead of the legnum ones. It also seemed to me that the galant seats in the Legnum sat slightly further back which may mean a depth problem as well in which the legnum seats would not go far enough back to engage before hitting the parcel shelf