PDA

View Full Version : Torque spec required..

Gly
28-07-2012, 01:13 AM
just putting my transfercase/evo lsd together...

for re-assembly of the center diff crown wheel,
also should i use any thread locker on these???

Adam.Findlay Kenneth

Kenneth
28-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Yes, you will need thread lock (I got some blue stuff, the guy an the engineering shop said it is good if you may need to get the bolts back off :P)

Best torque figure I could find was 62lb-ft which is what I have used on mine.

Gly
28-07-2012, 07:53 AM
sweet, i got loctite, red stuff(cant remember the number off the top of my head) will be interesting if i ever need to take it apart

weird because they weren't tight at all, and definitely no thread locker on them of any sort when i opened it up

Kenneth
28-07-2012, 09:05 AM
While you are doing the assembly, you should check the bearing preloads as well. Also worth while upgrading the casing bolts if you have the time.

Gly
28-07-2012, 09:14 AM
yeah plenty of time, wont be fitting this till i have all my clutch bits back from America.

you gonna be in auck's in the coming future? give me a hand with setting up the preloads?

yes will be doing the 10mm bolt upgrade. (will have to see if i have the correct thread cutter)
ive read on some people use heli-coils as its stronger??

Kenneth
28-07-2012, 10:17 AM
if you have the time and motivation you might as well use heli coils. I have the right tools if you want to just get the inserts.

Yeah, am in Auckland most weeks, could arrange to stop by your place on the way home I guess.

Gly
28-07-2012, 10:48 AM
sweet as, no hurry...

most likely wont be doing any real work on the car till the new garage is built.

Kenneth
30-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Are you able to get off work early on Thursday? I should be heading past your off-ramp about 3pm. I could possibly make it half an hour or so later, but not much more otherwise I'll be stuck in rush hour for hours :P

To get the preloads right, it would be beneficial to have the bolt upgrade done first as that does change the clamp load a bit. Can do it on the standard bolts but will have to keep in mind that it will tighten up a little.

Gly
30-07-2012, 01:27 AM
nah, the remainder of my leave has been allocated for my holiday,

no rush on doing this till i back from the US,

tues/thursday are my normal visit my dad days so not normally home till 6ish anyway

ill get the cover bolts upgrade sorted and let you know.

could always come to yours for a weekend when im back, do the clutch aswell :)

Kenneth
30-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Yeah, that could be a good idea. Add plenty of alcohol and we have already regenerated the bonfire pile (neighbours cutting low branches off those big trees) for some good fun :D

Gly
30-07-2012, 01:36 AM
sweet, sounds like a plan then :D

i have 20l of old oil to add to that :)

Kenneth
30-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Haha, awesome. Just need some old tyres now and we will be set.

wintertidenz
30-07-2012, 06:42 AM
If you really want some old tyres, I have a couple that you can have :P