PDA

View Full Version : V6-24 Upgrade?

pezza
06-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Ello Folks...

In December '04 I finally made the switch from V6 - 24 to Legnum VR4..after
my previous car was totalled :( . I have not managed to post about it until now... (altho a couple of people knew).

I have included a couple of pix here but there is a quicktime kludge HERE (http://www.aquavibe.demon.co.uk/clip/VR4eva.mov) . Beware that it's about 3Mb and that the ISP server is slowish so it may take a while to download, if you choose download it.

Work is still ongoing with the Legnum, switching various bits from the V6 24
as well as minor non-performance mods...

The Legnum is a 97'er with..... about 115K on the clock :rolleyes5 . Fingerz crossed nothing breaks!!!

Cheers

Pezz

Jimbo
06-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Looks good Derek, congratulations mate! :)

adam_shaw
06-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Cool, it's nice to see it officially announced. It does look well, and great looking wheels...

A

ritch_w
06-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Nice one Pez :thumbsup:

like those wheels - are they BBS 16" or 17"??

what bits have you swapped from the old V6???

whats happening with the V6 after the accident???

Nick Mann
06-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Nice one, mate!

The leather looks brilliant! As do all the little things that you always find to do to make the car look 'clean'.

I wish I wasn't so busy for the next few weeks - I'm gagging for a mini meet!

pezza
06-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Nice one Pez :thumbsup:

like those wheels - are they BBS 16" or 17"??

what bits have you swapped from the old V6???

whats happening with the V6 after the accident???

Cheers ritch,

I would've liked BBS but after Jumbo sent me to link to the price of the original BBS wheels I decided on a different make!!! :rolleyes5 BBS LM wheels (I think)
are a little out of my price range at the mo :laugh:

These are mania racing vortex wheels 17 by 7.

The V6 is sat at a friends lockup at the moment.. It will be there for a bit before deciding the best way forward to release the wagon... :sad3:

pezza
06-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Nice one, mate!

The leather looks brilliant! As do all the little things that you always find to do to make the car look 'clean'.

I wish I wasn't so busy for the next few weeks - I'm gagging for a mini meet!

Cheers for the comments guys...

Nick a meet would be good indeed...

The grip is phenomenal in the car... great fun to drive without scaring the passengers too much :p

Spirit
06-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Congrats once again Derek, good to see some pics at last and she does look a beauty !

Good luck with the mods etc and roll on a mini meet (if you fancy it don't forget some of us are at Combe on Feb 12th ;) )

pezza
06-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Congrats once again Derek, good to see some pics at last and she does look a beauty !

Good luck with the mods etc and roll on a mini meet (if you fancy it don't forget some of us are at Combe on Feb 12th ;) )

Cheers Pete,

Hmm Castle Coombe you say :-)

How many are going so far off here?

(I will check the events section in a sec)

:rolleyes:

Spirit
06-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Confirmed bookings so far are:

Me and Shaz - VR4
Graham (Bonzai Boy) - Leggie VR4
Andy (The Vee) - V6/24
Heath and Jane (HJM) - Leggie VR4
Jim (Jimbo) - VR4
Paul - Saab

....also Simon if he gets a car - TBC

Just checked the website and currently there are only 5 places left if anyone wants to book ! Hope you are tempted Derek ;)

Big Ian
06-01-2005, 05:11 PM
ABOUT BLOODY TIME TOO!

go on show some picis of it when it was standard so the guy's can see how busy you've been

YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF ALL YOUR HARD WORK MATE :D looking lovely (the car)

DaveLee71
06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Lovely looking car!
Like the colour and the wheels look great!!

Dave

pezza
06-01-2005, 06:30 PM

Just checked the website and currently there are only 5 places left if anyone wants to book ! Hope you are tempted Derek ;)

errrr :D I may be :-)

Ian .. you will be next.. lets see if you can hold out till June .. :D

NickM finally gave in....

Dave do you have yours now?

Cheers

Pezz

DaveLee71
06-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Yep, got my beasty on the 14th December!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/p6b2a39d309789b57984350e4bf965edf/f60832e8.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/p640d92022b882f8d58fae4c5c59b667c/f608330f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/pb8316eea6e89a6bbcd2a7a0b8097838a/f608330a.jpg
Enjoying every minute of driving it, when I can get it back of the Mrs!!!!
Can drive it properly now my ankle is better, my wife said I always amaze her with how quickly I heal, broke my ankle and foot on the 7th December, can now walk on it with hardly any pain at all and only a little limp, give it another week and I'll be back to normal! The hospital doesn't know yet but I haven't got the cast on anymore either, still waiting for my next appointment which should have been this week and can't get through to them on the phone either, spilt a jug of water down it the other night by accident so I cut it off myself and it feels so much better without it!
I'll probably get told off in the hospital but I've saved them a job!!
Was on my third cast anyway, they put the first two on wrong!
Anyway, have fun with the leggie and watch your speed, AYC lights and fuel gauge disappear!
Dave

RED
06-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Really nice looking car Pezza. I love that colour it has to be one of my favourites for the VR4-very nice indeed :-D

Polabear
06-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Lovely to see it at last Derek, l love the colour and also .. you might just have convinced me to remove my windcheaters, well done mate.... ;)

Kieran
06-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Lovely to see it at last Derek, l love the colour and also .. you might just have convinced me to remove my windcheaters, well done mate.... ;)

Wanted - Set of side windcheaters... (some) cash waiting!!!! :$ :-D

Bagsy me! Bagsy me! (if you do take them off!)

Kieran
06-01-2005, 08:26 PM
go on show some picis of it when it was standard so the guy's can see how busy you've been

Yeah... What'cha been up to with it Derek?

Nick Mann
06-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Wanted - Set of side windcheaters... (some) cash waiting!!!! :$ :-D

Bagsy me! Bagsy me! (if you do take them off!)
and

Yeah... What'cha been up to with it Derek?

Are you looking at the pictures, K? Let me help. Concentrate on the last but one and then look at the one above. :dozey: :rolleyes5

Jimbo
07-01-2005, 12:10 AM
I would've liked BBS but after Jumbo sent me to link....

Who!? :stunned: :headsc:

Hey, I'm not bragging or anything, but..... :laugh:

pezza
07-01-2005, 01:18 AM
Who!? :stunned: :headsc:

Hey, I'm not bragging or anything, but..... :laugh:

LOL.. ooops :$

The main mods have been on the inside with interior.. theres only a coupla bits on the outside

Cheers for all the OTHER comments guys and gals ... :laugh: lets hope I can at least keep it for year without any incident this time.. :|

Antony_Baker
07-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Love the blue against that tan leather....

thats the nicest looking Legger I've seen in a long time...

sweet

Ant