PDA

View Full Version : Renting self-drive transporter.

metaripley
30-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Anyone who knows where i can rent a car transporter for self-drive?

I need to get a VR-4 from around Newcastle to Dover and get it on a ferrie there to Belgium.
Well that was the plan.
Cause i dont get insurance to drive it in the UK on my name.

So can someone help me with this?
Or know a different sollution?

Nick Mann
30-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Does the car have tax and MOT in the UK?

BillHardy
30-07-2012, 10:04 PM
There will be firms that can transport it to the ferry for you im sure

jimmybonsaville
02-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Anyone who knows where i can rent a car transporter for self-drive?

I need to get a VR-4 from around Newcastle to Dover and get it on a ferrie there to Belgium.
Well that was the plan.
Cause i dont get insurance to drive it in the UK on my name.

So can someone help me with this?
Or know a different sollution?

Im in Newcastle ill take it for you...however you might not get it back haha joking aside ive been looking for one local for weeks would love to know where you sourced one ha Also it would probably be a lot more effective taking it over via Amsterdam as we have ferrys 4 times a week...and you wont have to drive it far at all 8 miles from city to port

elnevio
02-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Try asking for a quote on www.shiply.com /yes

Erni902
05-08-2012, 03:15 PM
if its taxed and mot'd in the uk then im sure you could find someone who would add the car temporarily to their policy and drive it down for you. I know that to add a VR-4 to my policy for 1 month only costs me an extra £30. Thats with all my points and bans taken into consideration so for a 'good' driver to add it should cost alot less, especially for just one day.

metaripley
09-08-2012, 12:30 PM
The people i know dont have a drivers licence :(

I fond a self drive transport in woking.
it wil cost me around 230 pond excl fuel for 2 days and 710 miles.

Im crossing at Dover cause the boat is way cheaper there.

And im thinking about putting the plates of my other VR-4 on it and drive it like that. Only problem is when i get into an accident or something and they check the framenumber.

miller
09-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Factor in your fuel costs from Newcastle to Dover plus expenses for you to get there...

this will make the Newcastle to Rotterdam ferry more attractive....

Can you not get someone to drive it onto the ferry for you and you pick it up in Rotterdam?

jimmybonsaville
09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Im sure the boat would be cheaper in Newcastle? Ive drove over for as little as £110 in past to Amsterdam? And that was a return fare a few years ago. Its a good 10+ hour drive from Newcastle to Dover id imagine which in fuel would probably cost a lot more?