PDA

View Full Version : Are Legnum and Galant lowering springs the same?

Racing.Sandals
04-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Well my car failed its MOT today. Main culprit being a snapped front coilspring. :undecided

Figured I may aswell get some lowering springs whilst I am at it but wondered if the Legnum and Galant springs are the same? Would the kit below fit my Galant?

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m22b0s1405p6895/TEIN_S_TECH_LOWERING_SPRING_KITS_-_S_Tech_Lowering_Springs_-_Legnum_VR4_EC5W_Legnum_EC5W_VR4_2_5_Twin_Turbo_

Kryton
04-08-2012, 03:43 PM
As far as I am aware, they will fit but the back will sit a bit higher as the Legnum ones are built to carry more weight (will still be lower than stock springs but not as low as if they were fitted to a Legnum)

Racing.Sandals
04-08-2012, 11:32 PM
As far as I am aware, they will fit but the back will sit a bit higher as the Legnum ones are built to carry more weight (will still be lower than stock springs but not as low as if they were fitted to a Legnum)

Ah ok. Front sits quite a bit higher anyway so it might even it out. Thanks.

Gly
05-08-2012, 08:10 AM
no,

do not put galant springs in a legnum! it will sag and be real bad in the rear.

putting legnum spring in the rear of a galant, maybe ok, really depends on the spring rate.
you may find it wont lower it at all.

Racing.Sandals
05-08-2012, 11:38 AM
no,

do not put galant springs in a legnum! it will sag and be real bad in the rear.

putting legnum spring in the rear of a galant, maybe ok, really depends on the spring rate.
you may find it wont lower it at all.

I am looking to put Legnum springs on a Galant, so I think I should be OK?

Gly
05-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Fronts will be ok, rears will be hit or miss, could end up stock height in the rear.
Legnums have firmer rear springs to carry its ample rear

elnevio
05-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Is the spring rate *really* that hugely different? I mean, the quoted weight difference is just 40kg between Galant and Legnum. That's like chucking a pair of wheels with tyres in the boot of the saloon.

adaxo
05-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Yes, they are, I fit Galant springs to my leggy b4 and it was literally lay on the ground, on the other example, I fitted lowering springs from 2.0 Galant on to 2.5 car was far from driveable