PDA

View Full Version : fuel gauge issue after TRE-342 pump

crazydriver81
06-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi peeps,

I recently installed a TRE-342 fuel pump and it's working fine. No leaking issues obviously, car fires up the first time and all is well. Fuel pump is NOT hardwired.

But I came across a strange issue regarding the fuel gauge. If I fill the tank completely (I can see the fuel), the needle will stop at 3/4 of the way and will not go further up? What could be the issue here? A friend of mine has installed the exact same fuel pump and reports the same issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Gly
06-08-2012, 11:31 AM
you havent got the rotation on the cradle right and the float is hitting on the side of the tank and not getting to the full point

peter thomson
06-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Yes agree with Gly , had the same issue as well

Anderz
06-08-2012, 11:40 AM
The pump/ meter unit is probably not installed in the right angle, this means the float can't move freely in the fueltank
There should be some white markings showing the correct rotation, but mine were almost worn off, so I marked the position before removing
Be careful if rotating the unit while it is in the tank, the float will easily dismantle from the plastic clips holding it

Too slow response :smart:

elnevio
06-08-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm agreeing with the agreements! /yes :iagree:

crazydriver81
06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
ok, maybe I am a bit stupid here, but does that mean, that the car does not get the amount of fuel it should get? I don't have a wideband yet to control AFR's.

I will double check, once I am home from work. AFAIK I have installed the cradle the same way, I took it out of the tank. :/

cheers for your input. :D

elnevio
06-08-2012, 03:25 PM
No, the float is just for the fuel gauge. :thumbsup:

crazydriver81
09-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Problem solved! TYA for your help.

There is one white mark around 1 o'clock on the fuel tank. This shall line up with one of the white dots on the pump cradle. To reach this, you have to insert the cradle into the tank and turn the cradle CAREFULLY anti-clockwise.

MarkSanne
10-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Good to know and good you have it sorted!